Why no Super Reverb model, even from Fender?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DougM, Oct 6, 2017.

1. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I thought he usually used Vibroverbs...no?

2. luckett

luckett Banned

At least 4 10" fans to push enough air.

Bill likes this.
  3. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

I agree with this statement completely, but you must understand that it also raises a big question.

1: Is somebody after the sound of a wall of stacks?
    2: Is somebody after the "recorded sound" of those stacks they hear on record?

For example: If you want the sound of a "recorded" Super Reverb, a quality BF Fender preamp model with a 4x10 emulation will get you really close. If you want the sound of a LIVE Super Reverb... you need to push some air with speaker coverage! Those are both different approaches with different results, but both results are equally viable.

Might I suggest you re-think the word "everyone" ;). There are plenty of pro players that successfully use modelers in the studio and live - and most know exactly what the "real" amps sound like.

4. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Steve Winwood would agree with you about the Cyber Twin. He used it for his stage amp for years (and got amazing tone with a Strat plugged into it), for instance on one of my favorite live CD/DVDs ever "The Last Traffic Jam", with Jim Capaldi before he died.

black_doug likes this.
  5. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

They're the most under rated map out there. I used one when I was doing a lot of sessions in smaller places. Easy to tote around and sounded nice. I just programmed it with some basic sounds and never got into the effects with it but it was a great map.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.