Why no repro Stackpole pots?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Jackadder, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Jackadder

Jackadder Tele-Holic

Simple question. Why isn't anyone making repro Stackpole pots? I can't think of another vintage Fender guitar part that isn't covered by reproductions of varying accuracy, aged or NOS, except the Stackpole pot.

I built a '62 strat recently with repro pickguard, aluminium shield, red dime cap etc, and went with Bourns pots because they looked to me more vintage than CTS, but... they ain't no Stackpole......

'62-guts.jpg

2. Muinarc

Muinarc Tele-Meister

Good question. I just spent a few weeks looking for an era correct pot for an amp with no luck. Sounds like a business opportunity to start a company that specializes in vintage pots for various applications.

3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

It is interesting that there are some old pots out there that were way above normal guitar/amp pot quality. I bought one of these mil spec 1949 PA amps years ago on Ebay. The guy told me straight out that it had been sitting under the eave of his garage for years, full of dirt, bugs etc. I rebuilt it but used the RCA pots, which were roughly 1.25 diameter and were perfect even after sitting wet like that. Not a scratch or noise in them. The RCA transformers were fine also.
    [​IMG]

4. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

My guess is that this is a diminishing market, at least for now, with little to no money to be made. And since you can't see pots, generic substitutes aren't visible.

notmyusualuserid likes this.
  5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Now I want some.

Thank you... o_O

Jackadder and PeterUK like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.