Why Jennifer Turner is One of My Favorite Guitarists

summer_69

Tele-Meister
No double like button ...? Thanks for sharing. And yes she has really nice musical style that goes well with the song.

kennl

Tele-Afflicted
saw 10000 Maniacs in the 1990's.
Natalie was quite a front person. During equipment malfunctions for the guitarist and drummer, she casually morphed her between-song talk into an improvised accapella until issues were fixed and queued the band in when all was ready. Impressive.

BCblues55

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Thanks for reminding me of her. I’ve been a fan of her work on this album since it came out.

Years ago, I couldn’t find many examples of her work other than this one album. For those in the know: Did she do anything else I should check out?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Jen is a monster player. She approaches rhythm and fills like Trower--with a real funky feel. She is also a master of finesse. I've been a huge fan of her stuff for a long time.

She has put out a few albums of her own.

e44crowe

Tele-Meister
Her work on Carnival is easily in my top five guitar sounds of all time. Could be #1…

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
Tasteful, subtle guitar playing that fits and compliments the song to a tee. I didn’t appreciate this song when it came out, but have learned my lesson since. Thanks for the reminder.