Why is TDPRI checking my connection to see if it's secure?

JeffroJones

Tele-Meister
...that's usually what you see after a Denial of Service attack. Whether to TDPRI or the hosting system...
Thank you Poor Boy for answering the Question :lol:
Yeah, there has been an attack on the system at some level, and now they're checking the credentials of whoever logs on, making sure our addresses and other protocols are legit. As you say, maybe Denial of Service or some hijacking exploit :cry:
Annoying, but as one OP pointed out, probably for the greater good.

:::

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thank you Poor Boy for answering the Question :lol:
Yeah, there has been an attack on the system at some level, and now they're checking the credentials of whoever logs on, making sure our addresses and other protocols are legit. As you say, maybe Denial of Service or some hijacking exploit :cry:
Annoying, but as one OP pointed out, probably for the greater good.

:::
thank you foe letting us know , its better than the speculation mill, much appreciated

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
All seems ok now.
It‘s funny that I couldn’t go to one of my favorite Caribbean/ tropical weather sites with a prompt to log in. There was no way I was going to attempt to put up a user name and a password that I had never needed to use before. Too “phishy” sounding to me

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep.... I was logged in yesterday afternoon and then all of a sudden I wasn't. At first I thought it was on my end, but I could get to other sites just fine, so... figured TDPRI was having tech difficulties. Glad it's back up now! I had a party to go to anyway so, was sort of perfect timing for me ;)

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I had the issue on every device I logged in with, yesterday, at home and at work. seems ok this morning.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
All seems ok now.
It‘s funny that I couldn’t go to one of my favorite Caribbean/ tropical weather sites with a prompt to log in. There was no way I was going to attempt to put up a user name and a password that I had never needed to use before. Too “phishy” sounding to me
Yesterday my wife called the bank and was going to ask why a part of her program she uses to view the credit card purchases wasn't working. The guy she was talking to directed her to log onto something on the internet, I happened to be in her office when she was doing that and told her to hang up.

My reasoning is the site she uses to check balances is a secure site, that she has to provide not one but two passwords to enter. I couldn't see any reason why she would have to go through the web to fix something there. After she disconnected the call, I took a look at where she was at and was able to make some corrections and get the information, she wanted right on the site she was already on.

I'm very careful dealing with anyone as far as information about banking and such. One time I called a company, and somehow, during the call I was rerouted to a scammer. I recognized something was going on, hung up and changed all of my password info, and never had a problem. I know this sounds unbelievable, but I'm sure it happened to me at least that once.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Whooooaaahhh! After logging in the morning, I heard a loud pop, then saw a flash of light, now my computer looks like this!

1660415800887.png