Why in the world would a whole thread warning about predators on this site be deleted?

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by bottlenecker, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

thank you for the explanation , I felt it was an iffy thread and I for one appreciate that you took the time to explain it , you did not have to , so thank you

soulgeezer likes this.
  2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

When I want to talk about gear, I come here. When I just want to hang out and talk about life in general, I come here. If I'm concerned about a sexual predator in my area, I don't come here looking for that particular information.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I think the center like other nipples

4. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

I thnk that we have evolved.

Originally they were grease nipples but now our diet is so high in fat and we dont have to run to "catch" our food the maintenance requirement evolved away.

You do know grease guns were found in ancient greek artifacts?

5. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Why did the predator attack the people ? Why not fight a gator? Maybe a Great White shark or a Killer whale?
    BTW a giant spider was in the Guitar Mahal last night. Girl singer was supposed to kill it. She didn’t. B),#$h left it hanging over the drum kit.

StrangerNY likes this.
  6. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

The post was about sexual predators here, on the tdpri.

7. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

And another thing,,,,,,,
    Did predators have to engage in foreplay before mating on their planet? How did that go with all those teeth. Dang it I got a friend who works with the Hubble . We should be looking in aliens windows to figure this stuff out.

StrangerNY likes this.
  8. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Survival of the fittest, no? It's a lot harder to do, making those who succeed so much more worthy.

MrCairo46 likes this.
  9. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Because I didn't get a chance to read the info in the links provided by the OP of the deleted thread, IDK the nature of the crimes committed by the convicted predators the OP inadvertently engaged in gear deals with while having kids of his own at home.

Presumably the OP might have contacted the convicted predators on a guitar forum, since we have a classified section where there is an implied trustworthy seller status by membership of a trustworthy guitar discussion community.

Since some sex offenders were convicted and jailed for being caught at 18 with their 16yo GF, knowing the nature of their crimes might be significant, particularly if they are in your home with your kids doing gear deals.

The sense I got from the OP of the deleted thread was that these two convicted sex offenders were not the more innocent variety.

But it does seem that laws which put teens in prison for sex with teens might make randomly publicizing names a bit of a touchy subject.

Here though, one would presume the mods checked out the sex offender members here, before deleting the thread?

Or maybe they gave it a few hours so we could share the info, then deleted it because it fell under the "No Sex Discussion" rule?

If so, maybe it could be discussed but with care taken to avoid the word "sex" except when identifying the type of predator.

We have discussions about musicians that die of drug ODs without discussing drugs, but sometimes they get shut down if too much drug talk happens.

10. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

I'm in the same boat as you man ......

StrangerNY likes this.
  11. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

this place is a microcosm

12. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That makes perfect sense.

Still might be good for us to know that sex offenders come here possibly looking for kids to groom.

The point of the OP was not to warn about predators out there.
    It was to warn of predators here who are members and presumably who have assaulted kids they contacted online.

If there were members here running gear scams or stealing credit card and personal info, would it make sense to inform the membership of the concern?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    bottlenecker likes this.
  13. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

This seems beyond ridiculous. Do we warn people of other crimes NOT related directly to the site?

What a waste of hot air AND tried and true fear mongering. It's a guitar web site for chrissakes.

14. brogh

brogh Assistant Admin Staff Member

uh boy ....

So basically tdpri should check eligibility before letting them become a member researching the whole world databases of convicted people ? yeah because we have members from all over the world.

And at this point .. why don't include murderers, drug dealers and so on ? ...

Why at this point remove directly access to email services for these people thus rendering them unable to join ANY discussion forum, i don't think that Facebook does this, i don't think that anybody does this, unless there's a clear violation that is directly reported by the law enforcement.

Now .. again about the content, if we think something is out of line it goes to the dustbin, and we tolerate quite a lot of stuff in the BD cafè.

I'm closing this thread as it has gone way too long, but I wont deleted it, I will leave it as a reminder.

We don't like having users post quirky and borderline discussions here, If you want to have discussion about those subject, please do it in the appropriate place which is NOT here.

This is a GEAR AND GUITAR forum, and members should keep that very clear in their minds.

EOT

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.