1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Why I Love Dogs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tonetele, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Td can relate to this. A beautiful real life event. Can't see a cat doing this.

2. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Yep.

3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

If you want a friend in this town, get a dog!

These are mine when my daughter drives up and parks.

1A6AF4A8-030A-42F9-BBA8-DA3E2BFF663C.jpeg

4. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Afflicted

We have 2 dogs that are now around 15 years old and still healthy. One is a toy fox terrier that the wife just had to have. He is however a jerk, terrier attitude, don't want to cuddle with her or anyone. His interest are food that he can beg for or fight for (yeah, he's 10 pound but would fight a freight train). His only trick is that he bites. I always warn the vet.
    The other is my rescue dog, they found her on the street at about 2 years old and after many adoption days, thought no one would ever take her. I did and she is the best dog I ever had. About 30 lbs. and looks like a cattle dog mix, sweetest ever. Never bites, never messes in the house, comes when I call her... I love them both but the latter more as she's God's definition of a dog.

5. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

Two Great Danes here, 7 and 6 respectively, and the best companions I could ask for. Never had kids, so my dogs are kids. Not sure what life will look like when they're gone, can't image... Astro was born blind and with kyphosis of the spine, rescued by me and my ex (and still great friends) at 5 months old. But he's a wonderful little brother to Chloe.
    20141122_090120.jpg

6. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Both of my dogs are rescues! And they are the best dogs i’ve ever had. The bigger one is a Dobie/Shepherd mix that wandered into our garage as a puppy one Halloween. When we took her back to her owner down the street he looked us in the eye and said “i’ve never seen that dog before in my life.” Just then the pup’s mother walked by-swollen **** and an absolute dead on match in looks. My wife and I looked at each other and without a word picked up the pup and left.

Greggorios, Bill, rickthescot and 2 others like this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

That is so touching! I'm glad the little doggie was rewarded at the end of its wait instead of the owner dying which I what I was afraid of when I clicked on the video. My life has been filled having had dogs both for pleasure and as working dogs. I didn't really come to appreciate them until I was about half way through life, but I do know now they are truly God's gift to man.

8. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Less happy ending, but reminded by your story is one of Hachikō:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachikō

"Hachikō (ハチ公, 10 November 1923 – 8 March 1935) was a Japanese Akita dog remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, for whom he continued to wait for over nine years following Ueno's death."

We don't deserve dogs.

Greggorios, elihu and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

2C6E4C40-E14E-45F3-9AAF-CF2C295B659F.jpeg

On the weekends when I sleep in, he won’t leave my side until I’m awake.

10. Toto'sDad

I had read of this long ago, but had forgotten, thank you for posting.

11. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

I love dogs because I Я one.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

I've told this story before, but it's an interesting story for dog lovers. We had a dog who someone named Denzel who lived an idyllic life at the golf course only a mile and half from my house. One fellow bought him an Igloo dog house an placed it under a tree near the practice putting green. Several of us, including me saw that he had food and water every single day, as a back up, the cart guy was instructed by the course to check that Denzel was supplied morning and evening. He bathed in the pond, and I don't know where he went to the bathroom, but the evidence was never anywhere to be seen.

AND THEN, one day, three well intentioned women decided that Denzel's having over a hundred well manicured acres to roam on, and his propensity for running and playing with the foxes in the evening was just too dangerous a lifestyle for a dog, even though he had been there for four years. So they set about a campaign to capture him and take him to a private rehoming shelter. When the golf course sought to intervene, they threatened to use their organization, and television contacts against the golf course.

The offshoot of it was that Denzel was captured, even though I personally begged them to leave the dog alone. They took him to the shelter and rehomed him twelve miles away, but he escaped and showed back up at the golf course to reclaim his life. It was not to be though, the force of the meddler was strong in those women, they recaptured him, and the last time I saw a pic of him, he had his hair shaved off, and I'm sure his manly man working parts, and had on a shocking collar.

superjam144, Jim622, Stubee and 2 others like this.
  13. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That simply wasn't Right at all.

Dan R, Toto'sDad and elihu like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

It wasn't, I should have taken Denzel home when I had the chance, but his life was his, and I respected that. He was the most free man I've even known. Evil hates when that happens.

15. Toto'sDad

You know it's been several years, and I still can't get Denzel out of my mind. There was more to it, than just leaving him be with me not bringing him home. We had Toto and Bella then, and there was no way those two dogs would have accepted him, nor maybe he them. I have a smallish yard by design, I didn't want too much to take care of when I retired. Just enough to keep me busy. He was used to being free, something a lot of folks can't understand or even stand a taste of. I've taken grown men to the mountains when I was a hound hunter that turned into little children when we set out chasing the hounds in the dark in the high mountains. It's one thing to talk about being alone in the wilderness it's another to actually do so. Freedom isn't just nothing left to lose, it's EVERYTHING!!

Jim622, Telecastoff1 and JL_LI like this.
  16. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

CBCD2656-978A-4098-9ED8-EA451DB9DAF5.jpeg Tiberias is a way better traveling companion than my wife. Tiberias let’s me pick the tunes and she doesn’t complain that the music is on too loud.

17. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Tele-Afflicted

We never had dogs growing up, but when I met my now wife she had a retriever/collie mix (Abbey) that I got to know. She went everywhere with me, and I was told that when I'd go somewhere she would sit and stare at whatever door I had left or gone into until I showed up again.

At one point before we were married I got a job out of state and was moving out. The truck was packed, I was ready to go, but I came back into the house for some reason. On my way back out when I knelt down to pet Abbey she put her head against my chest and pushed me up against the wall. Then she just stood there pushing me up against the wall.

She was a great dog, we've had one or two ever since.

18. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

My Daisy dog goes everywhere with me!

daisy_meteor.jpg

teleman1, elihu, teletimetx and 5 others like this.
  19. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

When our dog Joie—the best dog in the world ever—died after 16.5 years of love my wife said we couldn’t have another one, we were getting too old, etc etc. I told he’d I was only 55 and I figured I could do two more from dogs/15 years each, and then I’d be 85 and would give in. So along came our black Lab Jena, another great dog albeit more of a handful. She unfortunately permanently left my side after only ten years, so I had to recalculate but it didn’t take too long for me to start searching again and find Josie. That was nearly seven years ago, I’m now 70 and am pulling for Josie to live to at least 22!

I don’t know how I’d get by without a dog. D60E4A5E-8393-458C-AA58-BEAD8A8BB7D7.jpeg 817F2149-F575-4582-B29B-823F39F825EF.jpeg

20. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That is awesome. Danes are just great dogs. Here's Jake. He's 10, my grandson 9. As you can see snagged on the couch and not worried at all..
    jake and DJ.png jake2.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.