Why I Hate FedEx!!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

Latest debacle!! Ordered dog food and treats etc from Chewy. As soon as I saw fedex my heart dropped as there WILL be a problem and sure enough BUT this time chock full o' fedex lies....

Out for delivery last week. Great. Then a message "tried to deliver but no one there. Will try again next business day". BS! I was there and further my dog HATES fedex (atta girl!) and goes bananas when she hears them.

I check later in the day and now the issue is I changed the delivery! I call Chewy and since I changed it there's nothing they can do. Log into fedex and delivery manager unavailable. Call back chewy to explain and they say wait till Monday at which point another fedex excuse has propagated. I forget exact wording but call back chewy and they say wait till today to see if changes.

NOW It's called "Operational Delay".

Let's face it; fedex destroyed the package and is playing games to avoid making good on it blaming me twice for not be available and changing delivery.......We'll see it Chewy believes me or fedex but either way I'm done with both.

fedex fouls up at least 90% of the deliveries I expect from them. Drivers routinely head back to base with full trucks. A myriad of bs delay codes that NONE are actually fedex's fault. No codes for "oops we damaged the package".

Rant off ... till next time a supplier choses fedex and I have more issues....

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
So a half hour on the phone with chewy resulted in just cancelling order as fedex lies leave doubt as to who's fault. Since it said I change delivery chewy can't fix till sorted out.

At least able to cancel the order. This is half on chewy as they should know by now.

All fedex has to do is say the package damaged or not coming so we can reorder but nope...gotta lie and blame the customer! Unreal!

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
Never had that kind of issue with FedEx or others. Might be a corrupt local distribution site. However, we have had packages marked delivered late the day they were supposed to arrive that didn't show up until the next day. Probably drivers manipulating the system for whatever reason.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
They are the worst. On one item, I got over 10 notices;
"out for delivery' later "delivery delayed" on and on for days!
Here are about half of them on this package:
FedEx.jpg

Last edited:

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

Latest debacle!! Ordered dog food and treats etc from Chewy. As soon as I saw fedex my heart dropped as there WILL be a problem and sure enough BUT this time chock full o' fedex lies....

Out for delivery last week. Great. Then a message "tried to deliver but no one there. Will try again next business day". BS! I was there and further my dog HATES fedex (atta girl!) and goes bananas when she hears them.

I check later in the day and now the issue is I changed the delivery! I call Chewy and since I changed it there's nothing they can do. Log into fedex and delivery manager unavailable. Call back chewy to explain and they say wait till Monday at which point another fedex excuse has propagated. I forget exact wording but call back chewy and they say wait till today to see if changes.

Let's face it; fedex destroyed the package and is playing games to avoid making good on it blaming me twice for not be available and changing delivery.......We'll see it Chewy believes me or fedex but either way I'm done with both.

fedex fouls up at least 90% of the deliveries I expect from them. Drivers routinely head back to base with full trucks. A myriad of bs delay codes that NONE are actually fedex's fault. No codes for "oops we damaged the package".

FedEx has been the opposite for me - occasionally I will get a delay - in this time of wackiness that is pretty good. Still they are under pressure becuase of the damage they (and UPS and USPS and DHL and etc...) are causing - many times it is not the driver - it is the Transfer station folks - who don't seem to give a hoot about packages.

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
FedEx has been the opposite for me - ...
From a study on airlines, people had the worst opinion of whichever airline they flew most often. Not sure that holds here, but it might.

It's interesting to see how with all the automated tracking and truck routing the systems are even more manipulated now than when it was simpler.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
My Chewy order arrives every four weeks on the dot, rain or shine, no matter how many other FedEx Ground shipments get delayed or lost. It's the one thing I can always depend on being right.

There were some supply chain delays during the event we cannot discuss, but that was on Chewy, and they always emailed me about it. As soon as they hand it over to FedEx, it's good as gold.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I order dog food on amazon. last week, (I think) I order, 1 day shipping. It gets lost, after two days, I can cancel, so I do and reorder. I get the second shipment same day, and then 2 days later the first shipment arrives. I contact amazon and they say, 'no sweat, keep both'

a screw up, but, I don't need dog food for awhile.

0SubSeanik0

Tele-Meister
Whenever I see that I'm about to receive a shipment via FedEx, I usually intervene and have the package re-routed to my local FedEx Office store for pickup (it's free!)... otherwise, it's always a crapshoot.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I ordered a pair of expensive-to-me perscription eyeglasses and UPS delivered it to someone else's place.

They claim they are searching for my misdelivered package.
I highly highly doubt it

thank goodness it wasn't something important, like yet another guitar :rolleyes::)

I am empathetic with the delivery drivers. My son spent way too long as a USPS carrier, and I know they are all way overworked

Knows3Chords

Tele-Holic
I get medical supplies every month through Fedex. Every month there is an issue and delays. I have seen them claim to report they tried to delivery on a certain day and time but were unable. Funny thing is I was sitting on my front porch at that same time waiting for them. They flat out lie. Amazon and UPS are excellent in my area.

Slap Axe

Tele-Meister
They suck sooooo bad. I was waiting on a guitar shipped via Fedex about a year ago. I saw the truck pull up and the driver go into the back and start rummaging around. I was thinking "oh yeah, come to pappa" and then he sat back down behind the wheel! I ran out and caught him and said I was expecting a guitar, "should be a box about the length of...uhhh...a guitar, probably kinda triangular shaped." He hopped into the back and immediately produced the box. There's no telling how many more days my new axe would've bounced around in that truck before it came back around.

Just recently I ordered a pair of mountain bike gloves and unfortunately Fedex was involved. They showed up in my neck of the woods from out of state rather quickly, tracking showed they were at a Fedex facility only five miles away. Anyone who's dealt with Fedex before knows the rest of the story...it took five more days for them to show up on my door step. Oh, and I just saw a news piece about how they're raising their shipping rates 7% across the boards due to "excess capacity", yadda, yadda. They suck!!!

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
In my work world we do a lot of shipping and receiving to see all the major shippers can have problems.

What a lot of people don't get is the you get what you pay for matter. Very often a shipper paid instance doesn't get the same priority if we pay for expedited freight. For some things that really do matter we ship on our dime.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

FedEx is a rough one. The FedEx affiliates/contractors that serve my region are freaking awesome. Way faster and 100 times more reliable than UPS. Always on time. Never damage anything. Their track record with me is 100%. And I get a lot of packages. Given a choice in shippers, I choose them every single time.

Here’s the deal, though- FedEx is different everywhere. They’re like franchises. FedEx the corporation does not own any vehicles, nor do they employ any drivers. All of those operations are privately owned businesses with which FedEx has a contract. Those businesses are hit and miss. There are some bad ones out there for sure. Sounds like you got one of them. Around here? Brown truck is the kiss of death. FedEx is guaranteed happiness.