1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Why does this piss me off so much?!?!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chiefline, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't like to try other people's main dishes. If I wanted the shrimp linguine, I would have ordered it. I'm having the pesto chicken.
    I'll let my wife have a bite, but I'm never going to split my meal in two and swap with half of hers. We have friends who do this every time they go out for dinner. I've seen them do it with hamburgers. It takes them forever to order because they're always debating back and forth about what TWO items they each want to order. "Well, I want the chicken and the pork, but you want the burger and the pork. I don't feel like a burger. Are you sure you don't want a burger instead of the chicken?" Shut the hell up and just order what you want. Jesus!

2. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Well ....we are a billy goat gruff today .I will never eat your Calamari mainly as I dont know it is .Is it a sort crawly thing lightly baked ?

P Thought likes this.
  3. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Sharing is caring. o_O

4. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I could have written this myself.

I like the cut of your jib.

P Thought, Frodebro, Andy B and 2 others like this.
  5. Bones

It's squid

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Frankly, when eating out with others, I can''t really enjoy the food as much because of all of the fun visiting, so it really doesn't matter. Just enjoy the evening as entertainment and don't get all caught up with the tiny details. Some people like to share their food, some don't, so just go with the crowd. It won't hurt you.

BTW, boredguy6060 is one classy dude. Right on.

JustABluesGuy and boredguy6060 like this.
  7. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

8. Glen W

Glen W Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

A place we go to - aside from their normal apps - offers plates called "Sharables", that you are encouraged to pass around. We sometimes get one or two of these when dining with friends.

Biggest problem I have in restaurants is Plate Envy. I'll watch the dinners come out from the kitchen and suddenly wish I'd ordered what someone else got, haha.

8barlouie likes this.
  9. TmyBmore

TmyBmore Tele-Meister

Most of the time the apps are so big I plan on sharing as a means of portion control. Except mozzarella sticks. Get your paws off my mozzarella sticks. :lol: If I really want something I'll get two.

10. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Boy, you would have a tough time in Brazil and other countries with a culture of sharing food.
    Kinda like my little dog, "don't touch, mine!"

studio likes this.
  11. Bones

It is the worst, most of our social friends are teachers and man are they tight. If we are going to initialize a get together with them, we cover the tab or just have them over to the house for dinner and they can bring their own booze.

I don't let these people bring food to our house, but when they invite guests to their house, they provide the table and chairs and expect their guests to provide the food. Weird.

Obsessed and boredguy6060 like this.
  12. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Dude, no offense but "lighten up". If you want to enjoy a whole order of calamari go out to dinner by yourself or with your wife. People share appetizers.

Obsessed, JustABluesGuy and studio like this.
  13. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Just use your arms to block access to your plate and growl at everyone.:D

14. Leon Grizzard

Leon Grizzard Friend of Leo's

I agree that current appetizer etiquette means sharing. Put up with it or order a salad, which ever you view is the lesser of two evils.

But I share your pain. Personally, I don't much like going out to eat with other people; you have to share and you have to be social and talk. And it takes way too long. Some people like that stuff. Humpf

15. felis

felis Tele-Afflicted

No way, I'm with you on this. Too bad you are located too far away, we could have had a meal in a normal (to us ;)) way. :D

P Thought likes this.
  16. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Can you fake a uni-directed sneeze?

"Ah-choo!" = "Calamari mine." (Though maybe too salty now.)

My dad not-happily accused my ex-wife of being "A flaming Commie" when she rather insisted that we share around rather than "hoard" our main dishes at a Chinese restaurant.

Ah, if only, 12 years later, she had proved to be something less than a subtle Robber Baron.

Or: Before the calamari arrives, talk a lot about the squid's digestive tract.

Or Akron.

P Thought and Shango66 like this.
  17. mally

mally Tele-Afflicted

How Much ?

P Thought likes this.
  18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Eat your calamari with a fork , but leave some of the blood on it from the last guy who helped them selves to your food, just kidding :D
    Fg has the right idea in a large setting , you could say some thing like " Im going to have some Calamari does any one else want some ? "then if the responce is yes, order 2 and place one in front of you and if no eats the second one its all yours as well, and if some one asks you if you want stuffed mushrom caps with tandori parrot just say " no thank you"

P Thought, FenderGyrl and 8barlouie like this.
  19. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

That's ridiculous. Who the hell are these people?

I don't roll this way, and luckily have never experienced it. Order and eat what you want, and let me order and eat what I want.

Maybe you should just tell them that you have lips herpes, and that sharing simply isn't safe for them.

It's worth the embarrassment and social stigma just to be able to enjoy your chosen damn meal in peace, and in its ENTIRETY!

stratoman1 and chiefline like this.
  20. Bones

Some do, some don't. I think it's rude to expect that the person next to you or across from you is willing to give up some of the food that they ordered for themselves in return for your food that they clearly don't want.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.