Why do so many young women dye some of their hair pink?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rze99, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My Mother as well, tough stuff.

There's a big local biker fundraiser going on now.
    Not sure any of the bikers went with pink, but pink looks good with black.

Not sure I have any pink garments but I could flaunt my PP Tele!

jimash likes this.
  2. Jack Clayton

Jack Clayton Tele-Meister

Well, the god-awful comments that have been made thus far have certainly insured that no women who actually has the hair described wants to talk to any of you, so I'd say we're not likely to get this question answered.

But I'll give a wild guess.

They do it to piss off all the grumpy old codgers in their lives. Seems like it works.

3. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

Seems to me it has a positive side effect of keeping the grumpy old codgers from hitting on them.

Jack Clayton and Ekko like this.
  4. chet again

chet again Tele-Holic

"Why do so many young women dye some of their hair pink?"

Maybe cuz they want to?

5. WireLine

WireLine Tele-Afflicted

The ones I’ve seen and know with fluorescent pink coifs have pretty well developed Alzheimer’s...not suggesting all or even most are a bit touched, just the ones I have personal knowledge of.

as for boots with suits? When I wear a suit I wear my best Justins.. very common in this part of the world

6. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

This guy would agree.

[​IMG]

- D

telemnemonics likes this.
  7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Here's a mature lady with pink hair.

8. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

The odd-colored hair thing is just like Cyndi Lauper’s “She’s So Unusual” look in the 80’s, the big hair/perm/tall bangs thing of the 80’s (my wife had that one—she was so skinny she looked like a hair lollipop), the “heroin chic” look of the 90’s, the bouffants of the early 60’s, the afro/natural look of the 70’s and today (which I’ve always loved on women of color—looks awesome), the “feathered” hair of the 70’s...

It was just a thing that started out as a way to express oneself that ended up becoming a widely accepted trend, and it will eventually become passé.

The weird one I don’t get right now is the girls dying their hair grey or silver—for centuries women have been fighting their hair to NOT turn that color, and now chicks are PAYING for it?
    As for tattoos, there was a group of guys comparing tats at work the other day...when they asked if I had any and I said no, they all razzed me, “Yeah, you’re so square!”

I said, “Wait—all of y’all have tattoos—and some of you have the same tats as each other and the same tats as your friends...you got a tat to show how ‘cool and unique’ you are—and now that EVERYONE has a tattoo, you look just like everyone else...I’m the REAL rebel, because I’m not following the crowd.
    Plus, my body is a work of art—you don’t spray paint something on the side of the Taj Mahal, man!”

9. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

The youngsters (male and female) who do the weird color dye jobs don't bother me. I just find it amusing. Its apparently taken them 30 years to catch up with the Japanese cartoons.

On the other hand, older women (and I am talking about grandparent age) who affect this "style" and often dress like a teenager or even a 'tween as well, baffle me. It's like they are screaming "I'm young! Really!". All I can see is sad insecurity.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I don't mind it. Not sure it's a statement any more though because it's so common. or , maybe it's a group statement!

11. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

"On the other hand, older women (and I am talking about grandparent age) who affect this "style" and often dress like a teenager or even a 'tween as well, baffle me. It's like they are screaming "I'm young! Really!". All I can see is sad insecurity".

If an older woman still looks good, I would rather them dress like a teenager than an old lady.
    My GF is 61, and she looks good. She wears tight jeans, Hottie tops, shortie shorts, and has long blond hair. Much better than dressing like Ethel Mertz. I'm 65 & while I don't look like I did when I was in my 20s, I certainly look better than most of the men I know my age. 'Cause I don't look like a geezer.

12. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

I don't mind it. Tatoos? nothing worse than seeing a beautiful young girl cover her arms in inks of all colors - making it look like some skin disease.

13. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

The pink blue or green streak has been a thing for about a decade now.
    The girl at my post office had it done about 6 months ago and she is in her late 40's.
    It's just a fashion statement, that statement could mean different things depending on the individual. Some may just like the look, some may be bored or flying their freak flag. Some may be lost and looking for a cause or group to relate to or trying to be hip and look younger than they are. Some may be crazy and best avoided.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  14. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

To look different to all the others that dye their hair, blue, pink etc.

15. jimash

jimash Friend of Leo's

Don't worry, it comes on you all at once when you 're not even thinking about it.

telemnemonics and Greggorios like this.
  16. monkeybanana

monkeybanana Tele-Meister

I like pink hair. Would like hilarious on me but on some girls it works. Kinda like tattoos.

ce24 likes this.
  17. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Why do all Harley riders young and old wear the same uniform of black leathers. So they can be different!:D:D:cool::p

MilwMark and Greggorios like this.
  18. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

For the same reason women have traditionally poked holes in their earlobes and stuck metal through them with gemstones attached, sprayed scented chemicals on themselves or worn shoes with pointy heels.

telemnemonics likes this.
  19. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I can’t stop laughing.
    Got me with that one.

brookdalebill likes this.
  20. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

“Look at me”

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.