1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Why did you join the TDPRI?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telarkaster, Aug 23, 2008.

1. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

(Now waiting for 18 year old girl to ask me a question about James Burton.)

.. :D

2. hondo76

hondo76 Tele-Holic

because i love guitars!

3. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Having been mainly a Strat man for years, on a whim I'd bought back from a pal of mine an ESP 400-series Tele I'd sold him years previously, but I still didn't like the pickups in it. I also fancied a '62 Custom reissue, but the CIJ one I bought on eBay wasn't as described, so the deal got reversed.

By coincidence one evening I ran into TDPRI member Rick J, with whom I'd worked some time before, and on this occasion he was playing his AV62RI. So we got chatting and he recommended I take a look at this forum. So I did, I joined up and I've acquired a mass of knowledge since, bought an AV62RI of my own, contracted severe GAS and made some great new friends.

Thank you for your support - I'll always wear it.

4. Tele-writer

Tele-writer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

...for the punchlines. :lol:

5. Doug Ferguson

Doug Ferguson Friend of Leo's

I stumbled across the TDPRI looking for some information about a Peavey Classic 30. Mine had just bit the dust, and when I Googled the problem, a link to the forum came up with someone who'd had a similar occurence. Next thing I know, I'm reading through other posts, find my interest in tele's being rekindled (had one already) along with my love of modding (great storehouse of info, as we know), and buying several new teles, working on a few builds, and meeting some great folks.

6. telechucker

telechucker Tele-Meister

Just being a general Tele-holic made me do a search on Telecaster to see what would come up. The rest is just good clean fun. I can't thank you guys enough. I've since built an Esquire and added 3or4 more Teles to the harem. Regards.

7. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

I found the forum thru a link on a post either on a Gretsch forum or the Steel Guitar Forum(can't remember which now).I ran across an 0le Fuzzy post almost immediately,and that was pretty much it.

8. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

Found it by being frustrated by a few other boards. I find it well run (thanks PG) and I dig the company although I leave occasionally to avoid burn out.

9. mumbles

mumbles TDPRI Member

After years of reading and learning, I finally, today, joined. Thanx for helping me get better at my craft. I'm sure my audience thanks you, too.

10. RickG501

RickG501 Tele-Afflicted

Because I wanted to know how to tint and gloss the neck on my Tele.

Oh, and I like to read and learn about guitars.
    If I try talking to the wife about guitars her eyes glaze over after about 30seconds. Then at about 1min. she cocks her head at me like the RCA dog. then she passes out.

11. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    +1

It was a good forum..
    At least, my memories are favourable.:)

12. KCKC

KCKC Tele-Afflicted

Recently "discovered" country music. It's put a whole new spin on my songwriting! I'm lovin' it.

Naturally started doing some research on tele's and my squier 51. That's when it happened... I came across a link for the "Buttercaster" build. I ate it up!

That brought me to tdpri.

Now every time I log in there's something new to learn, try or laugh at! AND the knowlege, experience and talent of the guys here is incredible. Great community!

For a novice like me this is THE tele latitude without the attitude.

kc

13. Brandon Roy

Brandon Roy Banned

Full of people that love the same thing I do :) Why not?

14. ThermionicScott

ThermionicScott Poster Extraordinaire

I started learning how to play the guitar in high school, around '96. Being the contrarian I am, I wasn't attracted to Strats/Les Pauls, but the Telecaster was off-beat enough for me. I searched the Internet for more info, and found Noam's Telecaster Appreciation Page with its accompanying WWWBoard discussion site. I cottoned to it right away -- still one of my favorite sites, even though the Internet has gotten a lot bigger since then! :lol:

- Scott

15. shades

shades Tele-Afflicted

I had this overwhelming urge to build/assemble a Telecaster to my own spec.
    Did a google search and found this site. I was amazed at the knowledge and comraderie here. Folks, thanks for sharing!

:cool:

16. OutlawSteph1975

OutlawSteph1975 Friend of Leo's

I knew I wanted to get into Tele picking but was quite a newbie as far a gear and technique are concerned when I joined about five years ago. I ended up with a Highway One Tele that wasn't right for me and that led to a search for info. Now I know what Teles I like and which I don't and why. I'll always be a newbie compared to some of you!

17. Chikpicker

Chikpicker Tele-Meister

I heard this is where all the cool people hang out

18. Dave_O

Dave_O Friend of Leo's

I was looking to fix the ol' "grounding problem", got steered by Google here... Got so much more than that!!! I (barely) use a forum for muso's based here in Melbourne, but it seems to be populated purely by deathmetalheads who spend more time flaming newbies than playing... this place is friendly, chock-full-o-knowledge, and damn funny, sometimes!!

19. trag-o-caster

trag-o-caster R.I.P.

PM sent!

:lol:

Just kiddin'!

20. Astro1176

Astro1176 Tele-Holic

Just joined, but lurked for a bit whilst considering my first Tele purchase. I found the membership to be extremely well informed and unusually non-snobbish (lots of respect being paid to non-fender copies and lower end fenders). All my pre Tele-purchase issues were very fully addressed, and now as a Tele owner I am finding my new Tele queries being answered in an equally frienddly and informative manner.

I am also being amazed by the build-it-yourself projects on here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.