1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Why did you join the TDPRI?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telarkaster, Aug 23, 2008.

1. smoke

smoke Tele-Meister

To pick up chicks.

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

?QUE?

3. Tim73

Tim73 Friend of Leo's

I'm a tele player & it was suggested to me... everything else has just been a bonus!

4. Cassady

Cassady Tele-Afflicted

I joined to ask a question about Stratocasters:oops:

Actually, I posted either in the old TDP or a different Tele board (I don't remember which) sometime back in the mid-90's and then wasn't active for seven or eight years...

A few years ago, I had a Nashville Deluxe Tele and was thinking about a Strat to go with it. It seemed to me that if I wanted to ask a Strat question, the right place to ask it was a Tele forum...

Cassady

5. eichaan

eichaan Tele-Holic

I was searching for a tele. Everyone here was so nice, that I stayed. TDPRI is my favorite place on the Web.

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

How is that working out for you?? :D

7. trag-o-caster

trag-o-caster R.I.P.

"Bloviate"...

I like that Tim, that's good! That's two new words for me this week! The other word was "aplomb"...

... so I come here to bloviate with aplomb. :D

My late wife purchased our first computer back in uhhhh.... 98 I think it was. It was a completely new experience for me, and I had NO idea what I was getting into.

I think it was an Alta-Vista (pre Google) search that led me to the original TDP, run by Noam. I remember first posting under my real name and getting no responses, so I created the "trag-o-caster" nickname and VOILA - people started talking to me! I now wish that I could dump the whole trag-o-caster name thing. It came from my old stage name that was assigned to me, which was "Tragedy James".

Anyhoo, there were some folks that I actually knew personally here, who have since moved on. There was a certain "george n", and Dave Boze, who used to work on my amps.

I've been a member of various boards on the 'net, but I always keep coming back here. Good friends, good yakkin', and I like to hear various opinions on various things - all from the vantage point of a Telecaster lover.

8. SimpleOne

SimpleOne Friend of Leo's

Suck the living juices out of these threads like a vampire at a sorority house. Gotten to the point where respect and, dare I say, actual affection for some of the crusty critters on this forum developed and found it was too much fun to check the latest developements of some of your crafts and projects. Yea, the Buckocaster builds are too cool! How 'bout Marty1? !Ron Kirn! The mods...guess I joined for the people and their knowledge!! Dougw
    Also added!!Trag...cracked me up man!!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  9. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

After 15 years with Strats that I had never done one modification on, I bought a Tele. All of a sudden I realized I wanted to change pick-ups, add Bigsby, etc. Honestly, I found this site through a search. I realized after joining, the members here were way more advanced in their playing and knowledge of guitars than I am. So much so, I looked at other forums more on my level. I got tired of listening to people fighting over things like was Kiss better with or without make-up, could Axle Rose beat up the guy from Danzig, and figured it's time man up over here and push myself to learn more. A great site for sure. Lastly, being in my mid-fourty's, I love getting opinions from the younger and older folks here. Keeps me young at heart, but wiser as well.

10. TelZilla

TelZilla Friend of Leo's

Fall of '06. I was ressurecting a band and decided to refinish / Bigsbify my '95 James Burton MIM std. That's why I joined.

And I stayed becuase this is the best place on the internet- full of (mostly) curteous, funny, opinionated, and smart-as-h*ll telefreaks.

11. markophonic

markophonic Tele-Afflicted

Because I just love Les Pauls

OOPS...wrong place :lol:

12. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I came because I was banned from the FDP. This forum seemed casual and care free without being overly populated. It's also not a daily train wreck like the Harmony site. I figured it might suit me.

13. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

I joined not long after I got my first Tele (Baja) -- I wanted to ask a question about terminology.

Stumbled into the site by accident, and spent a while looking at the build threads. I thought, "These guys are REALLY into it." So if anyone could answer a question, it would be here.

Now I just hang around for the ambience, and the hot wings...

14. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

The knowledge I have been able to gather here about all things Tele led me to the forum. The civil discussions and funny folks have kept me here.

15. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

by accident i ran across a post somewhere else that had been quoted from here saying in effect it was "not possible to use benders and tremolo both on the same guitar; must use one or the other, but not both"....since i had been doing this very thing for some time, i stumbled my way over here, joined, made the comment that it could easily be done; got some private messages from several, met one of the best friends here i will ever have from Australia who has been up for a visit twice now....only been "spanked" once for what was considered an "inflammatory comment/opinion"; only once being a record for me since i have never been too bashful to say what i think, but i have learned here to keep some opinions private as they should be.....been here ever since....learned a great deal and "un-learned" a great deal that i had always accepted as "fact"....might say i became teachable again because of this forum...

16. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

At one time lots of studio musicians posted here and lurking around the TDPRI
    was like hanging around the break room at a recording studio.... :cool:

When the forum started sliding downhill I stopped lurking and started posting...:D

17. G-Yo

G-Yo Tele-Meister

'Cause all you guys and gals pretty much rock. And, most of you rock with Teles, so yeah. Hard to beat. And the recipes...

18. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Is that in the archives?? What should I search for ??

Ciao, Robt

Found it... ;)

19. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

I joined because Boris lead me to the site from the Squier '51 site when I was finishing my first Sparklecaster. TDPRI inspired me to build a Telepartscaster. Now I just check in mostly to escape.

20. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

Knowledge. The rest of the fun is all gravy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.