why can't music be as much fun as it used to be?

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's

Who says it can't?

I'm in a cover band so I get to pick whatever is fun to me.

I don't have the gift for writing music and haven't attempted to develope those skills but it's always been my opinion that a true artist makes the music they want to hear/play and not what they think will be commercially successful.

If you are 100% into what you're doing others will "get it" too. IMHO.

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
My wife and I just completed a three hour drive and listened to the 70s channel on Sirius. This is probably an old guy remark but it seems to me what’s missing today is originality and musicianship. Music was better and more fun when everyone wasn’t following the latest trend and everything wasn’t fixed, perfect and over-produced. The Guess Who, James Taylor, Boston, The Cars, Chic, Marvin Gaye and the like all in the same decade. There was a lot of great guitar playing across the board.

Now, kindly get off my lawn.

Gibson

Friend of Leo's
Why? Because you got old

iu-2.png

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
My old bassist had a sticker on his guitar case that said, “I’m not that old…your music really does suck!”

There’s plenty of good music out there; sometimes we have to search a little harder, but it’s there…the stuff that get pushed/promoted in the mainstream is not usually the good stuff…

I remember a lot of crappy music on the radio in “the good old days”, too…the Captain and Tenille, anyone?

radtz

Tele-Afflicted
I am in the camp that there is lots of great music now. However, back in the day, we that record companies and radio stations telling us what to listen to. Now, anyone can record something and throw it out into the world. The great music is there, it just way harder to find because the there is no filter of record companies and radio stations anymore. It actually takes effort to find good music now.