Why Cannibalism Is Good.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
donner.jpg

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Fun Fact: The donner party was headed to the tiny town I live in! My son's little league all star coach was a descendant of an 'eater' fo realz.

There are so few things us native Californians can be proud of, but having a little league coach that takes pride in being a descendant of an 'eater' is okay in my book. Sort of like being one of the Andes soccer players' kids.

There so few willing to acknowledge their awkward history. My Nth great grandfather was a doctor in the US civil war on the now fully discredited losing side and died of dysentery. I would like to ask him how that happened, but its a lineage I'm kinda of proud of. Seems the best failures are almost as cool as the best successes.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
There are so few things us native Californians can be proud of, but having a little league coach that takes pride in being a descendant of an 'eater' is okay in my book. Sort of like being one of the Andes soccer players' kids.

There so few willing to acknowledge their awkward history. My Nth great grandfather was a doctor in the US civil war on the now fully discredited losing side and died of dysentery. I would like to ask him how that happened, but its a lineage I'm kinda of proud of. Seems the best failures are almost as cool as the best successes.

He is a Breen (if you read the books) there is even a road named after the family and they are prominent in our cemetary!

One thing I came to in my 20's is that shame about things you have no control over is unhealthy. Growing up in a house where violence was a common thing, you have a lot of secrets and a lot of shame. It is BS. So, I say, be out front with it.

When my kid was playing ball, the coaches dad sat next to me, he had been the judge in San Benito County for a long long time and is just a great guy, thoughtful, humorous etc. Anyway, I knew a little about the Donner Party and asked him if they were related and he roared with delight and while watching a ballgame told me all the family stories (and some other hilarious and ribald tales too) he was unashamed and open about it and I think light and air is good to help dissipate things that don't do well in the dark.