Why am I now having to log in all the time?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by schmee, Jul 15, 2019.

1. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

About a week ago I started to have to log in to many forums I'm on. I go there and it doesn't recognize me.
    I wonder why this started?

2. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

are you on Windows? They have been pestering me to do an "update" for about that same period of time. Maybe yours updated automatically without a hitch (unlike mine) but that causes you to re-log...?

3. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Happens to me on occassion. I just relog in and make sure the "Remember Me" or "Keep Me Logged In" buttons are checked off. This WILL happen if you clear your internet cookies by the way.

4. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Afflicted

it might be Java too. I got a lot of weird things once & an update fixed that

5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

It seems to be happening even though I select "keep me logged in". Weird. Yes Windows but using Google Chrome in lieu of Explorer

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Who is Lou?

schmee likes this.
  7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Someone is trying to save your life.;)

MilwMark and Shuster like this.
  8. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Holic

This was happening to me on my phone, using the chrome app. It was something to do with cookies. I could select 'reset' for the settings for that page in particular, and once I did that, it kept me logged in again. Not sure how this would work on a computer.

9. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I recently had an issue where my IP address refused to let me log onto TDPRI , I thought I was being blocked from the site , so I tried on all 7 computers in the house and all were blocked except my kids cell phone , I called up shaw and updated my internet to 600MBS and got a new router waited for 48 hrs to install it and viola I have a new IP address as a matter of fact 2 new IP addresses, it could be a thing where you are being forced to update your internet, or if you turn off your computer your login data is shut down check the little box that says Remember this pass word,

I clear my cookies evey day some times ablout 4 times a day depending on , if I am doing internet research or not and each time I clear my cookies, I do a restart right afterwards and have to log in again to my sites i visit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.