Why am I now getting email advertisements from TDPRI and how can I opt out?

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I unsubscribed immediately. Hopefully, that works. With a lot of spam emails, unsubscribing does not work. In fact, it indicates to the spammer that the email is legit and they can sell it to more spammers. TDPRI is not a scam organization, so I think they will honor their unsubscribe button.

Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
I just came here to ask the same thing. I thought the site had been hacked.

I clicked unsubscribe on the email, but it just took me to a site to unsubscribe for that single product.

Kinda surprised that the webmaster is sending spam.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I just came here to ask the same thing. I thought the site had been hacked.

I clicked unsubscribe on the email, but it just took me to a site to unsubscribe for that single product.

Kinda surprised that the webmaster is sending spam.
When I clicked on "unsubscribe" in the email, it took me to a TDPRI page called "Stop email notifications." It had two choices:

• Unsubscribe from the Telecaster Guitar Forum mailing list
  • Stop all emails from Telecaster Guitar Forum
I clicked on the first. Hopefully, no more spam!

GGBB

TDPRI Member
I've had to unsubscribe more than a few times, although this might be the first blatant spam e-mail - previous stuff has at least been forum related. It's disappointing that this forum's administrators don't respect their users' privacy preferences. I always set my subscriptions to only send admin related content, and yet today's spam email was received anyway. After logging in today I noticed that "Receive activity summary email" had been enabled when I know I have disabled that in the past (I keep all emails that I unsubscribe from in a backup folder).

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
Read the thread, checked my email and there it is.
I've unsubbed but if this happens again I'll leave.
You don't have the right to spam my email with unsolicited messages I neither asked for or wanted.
I don't knock on your door asking you to buy my garbage and never would because that would be rude.