1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Whose counting stitches?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by telleutelleme, Nov 20, 2020.

1. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

15 in bottom of left foot age 11
    8 in right wrist age 16
    4 over right eye age 16
    28 under tongue and bottom of mouth age 18
    6 on upper left arm age 40

Except for the oral surgery nothing major just injuries.

carpenter likes this.
  2. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

six in back...mole taken off
    4 in arm...self stitched...knife wound

Rustbucket and carpenter like this.
  3. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Lip when I was three or so, apart from that nada except post-surgery sutures. I have however snapped each arm 3x, plus a finger, couple of metacarpals, and two toes.

Wulf and carpenter like this.
  4. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Over 100 in face when i fell off roof and face planted on concrete. After that probably 25 more in hands and legs.

5. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

if were counting broken bones too...all bones in right hand after knife wound..(was attacked by idiot after a gig).pelvis (pointy bit..right side...motorcycle accident aged 17...right foot big toe...dropped an 85 ton bow shackle on it

carpenter and buster poser like this.
  6. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

7. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Tele-Holic

All from childhood:

12 in the forehead from running into a kitchen draw when I was 6 - blacked out from the impact.

5 in my upper lip from getting clipped in a "rock war".

6 in my foot from stepping on a buried metal stake in the yard.

Not counting the ones from a couple of surgeries.

carpenter and buster poser like this.
  8. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Man what a great track.

carpenter and Torren61 like this.
  9. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

oh hell...nasty...
    i knew a guy that had a chainsaw kick back into his face yrs ago...not a pretty sight...his face looked like a road map...main scar from chin to cheek about half inch wide...dont remember how many stitches he said he had,....a fair few if i recall

gregulator450 and carpenter like this.
  10. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Do staples count?
    I've had steel plates installed and later uninstalled in my right ankle, same for the left femur at the hip joint, that 20 years later became a full hip replacement, laser disk surgery, multiple basil cell skin cancer spots removed (one just last week, 8 stitches), not to mention stitched up cuts, like the interior and exterior stitches on my calf from a crimped off piece of 1/2" copper sticking up out of the slab (I was a framing carpenter)...
    I lost count of the stitches and stapels back in the 80's...

Wulf and carpenter like this.
  11. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

V15065-52349_1_slide.jpg just like those...right on me toe....that did sting a bit...didnt have safety boots on either....(tit)...doesnt really give a sense of scale...theyre about 2 ft tall

carpenter likes this.
  12. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

Ouch! That's seriously gnarly, but I've heard of a few similar incidents.

I won't go into all the stitches I've ever had, but I had a fair few in my arm from a chainsaw accident:

I was cutting firewood with a small(ish) gas chainsaw. My wife was 9 months pregnant at the time. There was snow all around and I'd cut about 10 stere - when for no reason at all, definitely not known to myself, I let go of the 'trigger' and holding the chainsaw in my left hand, touched my right forearm with the chain.

Luckily it was 'winding down', but it went through my overall, jumper and t-shirt... as well as the skin on my forearm. I dropped the chainsaw and instinctively covered the 'cut' on my right arm. A fair bit of blood sprayed out onto the white snow.

I called for my wife who came out to find me holding my arm, uttering the immortal words 'have you got a bandaid, I cut myself'... at which point I moved my hand and more blood sprayed out over the snow and wood. I looked down at my arm to see all the muscle inside and the whole skin layer and 'fat' layer just not there, and a 1.5cm wide 'trench' about 8 cm long where flesh had been 'removed' by the chain. I thought my wife would go into labour.

Anyway, they got me inside, to find out that I had filled the wound with dirt and sawdust to make things worse. My mother-in-law was there, which is a Pharmacist. She sat me down at the kitchen table, cleaned the wound, covered it with anti bacterial product... and proceeded to stitch it up!! :eek:

This was about 13 years ago, and I have a pretty nice 'scar'/'trench' in my arm, although this has faded with time. The worse thing is that I don't have much nerve feeling when I touch that area. It took months and months to heal, having to fill out from the centre.

The same day, I put the chainsaw away and have never touched one since...

13. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

These mishaps never end well do they Marc.
    chainsaws are lethal things...ive never used one dont intend to...stihlsaws can be nasty...worse than dropping shackles on your toe...
    and numbness from nerve damage is awful....and you can gouge lumps out of yourself without realising it....then theres all the weird sensations as nerve starts to try to fire up again...iced water and pins and needles feeling...never nice
    Avoid Chainsaws..

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    carpenter and marc2211 like this.
  14. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

makes me wonder sometimes...fragile humans and sharp or heavy or fast things dont mix

15. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

I’ve never kept count, but needed stitches 4-5 times as a kid in feet, hands and one time on my forehead when I planted on the corner of a coffee table. As an adult, I’ve needed stitches 3 times: Harley wreck in left forearm, left wrist going through a window and knife wound in right palm. Those 3 all left scars.

Wulf likes this.
  16. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

8 in forehead in kindergarten.
    4 in lip in junior high
    14 in hand in mid 30s
    40ish age 47 in chest (that's not including the 8 bypasses on the inside, I can only imagine those).
    6 in chest (gall bladder removed) early 50s
    4 in navel (hernia repair) early 50s

17. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

funny how all these things result in permanent scarring..your mishaps and mine sound similar...i have a beaut on my back from a .22 short...bout 3/4 inch round...its still in there sometimes i can feel it...yuk

Rustbucket likes this.
  18. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

:lol:..

tumblr_inline_p4rr94WQy01uuckq1_540.jpg

Wulf likes this.
  19. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

still do where i live...old sawbones...like the barber surgeon or royal navy ships surgeon of old...musket ball....leg will have to come off...get a bottle of vinegar and an oily old rag...
    in my case...i had no choice...wasnt going to hospital with knife wound and shattered hand...they would have reported it to coppers..i would get the 3rd degree even though i was the victim of assault...got home drank half a bottle of whisky and got my mate to hold my arm..he offered to stitch it...but i declined...i know my own threshold...if he had done stitching i would have cried like a schoolgirl till my pants were wet and then fainted...the hand was just numb

puddin likes this.
  20. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Never had one, but I did trap my hand in a parts flattener once ...

Wulf likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.