Who's played the new Classic Vibes?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by jordans0nly, Apr 3, 2020.

1. jordans0nly

jordans0nly TDPRI Member

Looking into possibly the new Thinline or the 50's in white blonde.

I'm torn, both seem great, but I hear the Thinline's are just fantastic.

stantheman likes this.
  2. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

If you're talking Classic Vibe 50's, those alnico, unbranded Tonerider p'ups are sweet!

jordans0nly likes this.
  3. jordans0nly

jordans0nly TDPRI Member

I'd think the Toneriders are in the thinlines too? I'm talking the new, updated classic vibe version.

4. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

Depends what kind of music you play.

The classic vibes are undoubtedly excellent. Possibly the best line of affordable guitars. I have an Esquire and suggest you go play them both once this virus all blows over so you can get the instrument perfect for you.

Fretting out and jordans0nly like this.
  5. Corvus

Corvus Tele-Meister

The blackguard CV Pinecaster I bought five weeks ago is a fantastic player and the only guitar I've owned that hasn't needed any work. Played perfectly off the wall in the shop, great build, finish, setup and playability. Mine is 2019 model but still from China though with the neck pickup mounted on the pickguard as per current production. Don't know if the pickups are "Fender designed alnicos" but they are fine and I don't see the need for a change. A really great instrument for an amazing price. Can't find anything to critcise save maybe it's a little on the heavy side compared to my alder bodied teles.

rangercaster and jordans0nly like this.
  6. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

New ones are MII ... Haven't seen a bad review . ..

7. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

That sounds tasty, post a pic?

jordans0nly likes this.
  8. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

All the new CV guitars have new Fender designed Alnico pickups, not the Tonerider ones. I haven't played any of the Teles, but I have a new CV 70s Strat, and I've owned the previous CV 50s Strat with Tonerider Alnico 3s, and the previous CV 60s Strat with Tonerider Alnico 5s, and I like the new Fender pickups more than either of them. Also, the previous CV BSB 50s Tele and the CVC double bound 60s one had Alnico 5 Toneriders, while the White Blonde 50s one had hotter Tonerider Alnico 3s, but the current ones all have the same Fender designed Alnicos (5s I assume). And the current CV guitars are being made in both China and Indonesia.

Fendereedo and jordans0nly like this.
  9. jordans0nly

jordans0nly TDPRI Member

Thanks for the clarification on the tonerider pups. If I get the thinline, might put the classic hots in them.

10. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Afflicted

Who's played the new Classic Vibes?

Me. I have a LH 2020 Squier Telecaster CV50 (Indonesia), and I can tell she's way better than my 2010 MIM LPB LH Fender Tele.

[​IMG]

I did some job on it, but it was not compulsory : it's a personal choice.

Shielding :
    [​IMG]

Rewiring - with the original pickups :
    [​IMG]

The guitar plays flawlessly with a great tone and a cool look... :cool:;)

-tbln

bftfender and claes like this.
  11. jordans0nly

jordans0nly TDPRI Member

Awesome! I do love the 50's white blonde tele too. And the thinline, lol. Torn.

tubelectron likes this.
  12. 46and2

46and2 TDPRI Member

I just joined, and posted in the welcome forum. I got my CV blonde tele a week ago, and I love it. The neck is magnificent, and the body is flawless. The neck join is good and tight. I did have to change the saddles right away to intonate the strings properly. Also needed some slight neck adjustment once I got it home. Mine is made in China. It has alpha (brand) pots, which is kind of surprising. I've also tried a Squier CV Thinline, but something just seemed slightly off. I dunno; I'll likely change my mind. I'm still GASing for a Thinline or a 339. I was actually planning on getting a 339 instead of this Tele, but I just fell in love with this lady.

My understanding is, the blonde is made in china and has a pine body and alnico 3 magnets in the pickups. I adore the bridge pickup, but the neck pickup is just too choked off and nasally for me, even after a 500k tone pot switch and cutting the cover ground wire. IMG_3612.jpg

tubelectron and jordans0nly like this.
  13. Bobby73

Bobby73 TDPRI Member

IMG_0235.jpg I bought this used 2018 model from a gentleman that did a few upgrades,, 4 way switch, bone nut and new pots and harness! I love it! MIC

14. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Afflicted

Thanks ! I would have been pleased to find a white sand / blond one, like the ones above, à la Steve Cropper... But no availability in LH. :(;)

-tbln

jordans0nly likes this.
  15. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Holic

Classic Vibe build quality is outstanding, and this is from an American Standard owner. I've read on here that alot of people swap out electronics. But at $350 for a new CV, you got spare money to build to taste. Personally, I've had my eye on a CV 70s thinline with the Fender wide range humbuckers,for a change.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.