Whooa! Your fave very brief moment in a song!

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm still a sucker for the 'A' stab and long slow bend that opens ZZ Top's "Sure Got Cold After the Rain Fell"

Easily my all time favorite ZZ Top album!
It’s full of great tones, growls, harmonica parts.
The band was skin tight and soulful.
Billy and company really knew how to get a tone.

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Not a fave. Not a lick. It's 1/2 second of feedback a 3:33. Maybe I like it because they could have edited it out, but they didn't.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In C,S,&N’s Suite: Judy Blue Eyes there’s a moment in the breakdown where Still’s sings the word heart.
It in falsetto, and there’s extra reverb added to it.
It really sticks out.
“It’s my heart that’s sufferin’ ....
I’ve loved that for 50 years.
Masterpiece album, as was Deja Vu, IMO.

scottser

Friend of Leo's

Check out the guitar break at 3mins. It trades back and forward between electric and acoustic and then the magic happens at 3.26 - the acoustic plays down the scale while blending into the electric which plays up the scale. Very clever.

scottser

Friend of Leo's

Check out the guitar break at 3mins. It trades back and forward between electric and acoustic and then the magic happens at 3.26 - the acoustic plays down the scale while blending into the electric which plays up the scale. Very clever.

suthol

Friend of Leo's
So many great offerings so far, Wishbone Ash in particulat

The vocal and pedal steel replies at the 1:30 mark here

Must confess I have a lot of skin in this song having written and played the all of the music except the pedal steel plus owning the whole recording process

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Major thumbs up to @HoodieMcFoodie for The Doobie Brothers’ “Takin’ it to the Streets” album and that vocal part in “8th Avenue Shuffle.” I have so many happy memories of listening to that album on my dad’s car stereo as a kid, but my favorite from that album is “For Someone Special”:

Love me some Rhodes with tremolo on it...but my favorite parts in this one are the transitions that happen at 3:31, 3:56 and 4:02.