Whooa! Your fave very brief moment in a song!

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I can't unfortunately watch the video now to give you an exact timestamp but my favorite moment
is the keyboard solo in this one. It sounds programmed as hell(I've made tracker music, I should know 😆), but that
doesn't mean the collection of notes aren't exquisitely chosen. It's on my fave solos list also.

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
It's the opera in the background that bleeds into the track around :30 - :38 right when Stewart Copeland's intro fades into Sting's vocals. Apparently it was a complete accident, Andy Summers amp picked up the station, but they thought it sounded cool and left it in. They were right!

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
I'm talking a sliver of a lick, something super brief... drum etc etc could even be vocal...

Mine is just one guitar note at the beginning of, "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash.

At 7 sec, one single gtr note grabs me amidst the raucous loud guitars!

Apparently, Mick Jones loved it too since he sampled it for the start of "The Globe"

draggindakota

Tele-Meister
That little lick that you hear at ~ 55 seconds in. I LOATHE that song, but love the guitar throughout, especially that lick. The drums on the other hand, sound like someone banging plastic grocery bags 🤢

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
What an amazing thread!
Well, we gotta have that note at the start of this song!

In the early 70's I had a Marshall stack and a hollow Guild Bluesbird. Standing in front of the stack it would emulate that beginning perfectly! You could literally sustain that note as long as you wished.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'll post one more. Stones Shine a Light from Exile.
1:53: "Angels beating their wings in time," and the angels come in on backup vocals. Brilliant.
2:40: the turnaround into the break sends chills up my spine every time. I think I'll give Bill and Charlie the credit for that one.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
For me it's when the harmonies come in on "Surfs Up" by the Beach Boys (at 3:08). Even though I know it's coming, it always amazes me.

Probably one of my favorite songs by them!
I remember seeing in '67 or 1966 on that Leonard Bernstein special, where Brian did this song on the piano in his living room.

Curiously it was not the piano in the tent in the huge sandbox there!!

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
At ~2:30, Keef adds a little extra to the chugging. Posting it in lesson form just because.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
The closing riff of this song starting at 3:40 is probably my favorite riff ever. I can’t play it, but damn, it’s good.