Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Bearcats

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Big weekend for college football.
Who do you have in each playoff game? Why? Who win it all next week?

upload_2021-12-30_9-39-23.png

upload_2021-12-30_9-40-49.png

upload_2021-12-30_9-42-24.png

upload_2021-12-30_9-44-8.png

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Disclosure, I grew up in a Bulldog fan base and always will be happy for them to win unless they are playing my team which almost never happens.

But this weekend GA beats MI by 2.
Bama beats Cincy by 28.

And Bama beats GA by 5 in the ship. Because right now they are the better team.
I don’t have a position on any Big10 team except that I am happy for Michigan, they had a rough go last year and they finally beat their rival.
The time is right for the committee to expand beyond 4 teams. I understand fully the politics behind bringing in Cincy. But let’s be honest about it instead of pretending it’s not ratings hype. There are 7 SEC, 5 Big10, 2 ACC, 4 Big12 and even 2 PAC12 teams who would skate right over Cincinnati but it’s good for the sport to show they are not closed minded. But the end result is the perennial favorite, Bama, gets a walk off win without any risk of injury.

So my prediction is once again Bama vs Ga.

Tell me why I’m wrong. Who you got?

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I hope the CFP seriously considers that 12 team format soon. Because it’s honestly better for the game to have more teams in the playoffs and there are too many teams in too many conferences to reasonably only seed 4. The FCS has a 24 team playoff, just mentioned this because some will say football isn’t compatible with a large playoff format. The difference in this regard is that FCS teams don’t play bowls.
Solution, schedule 6 or 8 early bowl games as playoff rounds.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
I have no rooting/alumni interest in college football, but find it almost unwatchable because of the lack of competition. Every game is a blowout.

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Cindy has had a hell of a ride. So much success for a small program. I'm proud of them. That said, like all the others, they will be crushed by Bamalama. Go Dawgs!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Bama & Georgia. Bama by 9

The only way to break the current deadlock is to have a 12 team playoff. It’s way past due
I like GA and would have said they were going to win it all until I saw them go down so hard against Bama. Maybe Smart has an answer. But first they need to play Michigan and that may be the best matchup this weekend.
I do like the 12 team suggested format where the top 4 get a bye. That would eliminate the politics and ratings influence from the selection. If the best 2-3 teams are in the same conference it wouldn’t automatically exclude any other conference.

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Bama & Georgia. Bama by 9

The only way to break the current deadlock is to have a 12 team playoff. It’s way past due
I think the more that money plays a factor in college sports the more policies will be adjusted to represent fairness to the schools involved. It will happen...maybe.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
ROLL TIDE.

But...miracles occur.

I think if it comes down to the SEC for the championship, changes will be made sooner.