Who wants to fight about the Eagles?

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Joe Walsh owns Life in the Fast Lane
He came up with the intro lick and has songwriting credit.
...I don't go to see a band play precisely the same thing, in the same way, multiples of times. Precision run amok, if you ask me...f every single Eagles concert is a perfect copy of the one before and after it, what is left to talk about? All the fun has been drained out of it...
I guess their fans like precision playing.
After Mozart left Mozart I never went to see Mozart again!
He played things the same way every time?

ETMusic777

Tele-Meister

Daddy Hojo

Friend of Leo's
I can't believe they are still touring with a line up lacking for founding members only rivaled by the Beach Boys.
I think Foreigner might beat that. They’re nothing but a tribute band now. I think they may occasionally have one founding member on rare nights.

Gnometowner

Tele-Meister
I saw the Desperado debut at Tucson Oprey House. They were dressed outlaw and had native blanket amp grill cloth. Great show, I paid $5 general admission.
Tickets in Tulsa at their show recently were $165-$300

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I was at a ZZ Top concert in Montana years ago and a guy got stabbed in the row in front of us. Probably had more to do with Montana and alcohol than ZZ Top ... But then, "Tush" was designed as the soundtrack to roadhouse brawls ...

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Not to mention The Little River Band, formed in Australia.

Now not only no founding members who can no longer use the name but no Australians, the ultimate cover band :mad:
Little River Band... Haven't heard them mentioned for a long time, probably since I left Australia back in '79. The singer, Glenn Shorrock, was a friend of my elder brother. I can remember him being around at our house several times when I was in my early teens.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
He came up with the intro lick and has songwriting credit.

I guess their fans like precision playing.

He played things the same way every time?
Actually Mozart gets different sounds from different gear in different lands.
Gear being orchestra members.
Like French Mozart is more dreamy and German Mozart is more stiff and strident.

Synchro

Tele-Holic
I so want to hate on the Eagles so I can be cool, and I don't like what they did to Felder, but their live clips sound amazingly perfect. I can't think of any other band who can touch their vocal harmonies.
That Felder thing bothers me. He may have not handled it as well as he could have, but he was a full member of the band, and not a sideman. More to the point, he was the reason that the band went from being a Country Rock band with a small, but loyal audience into being a juggernaut with a huge, but loyal audience. I see both sides, but kicking him out of the band was not the solution. Smith is a fine player, but Felder’s contribution was unique to himself.

moo22

TDPRI Member
I live near Hyde park so walk over and picnic/listen to the bands I'm interested in just outside on the west gate by the stage, the sound can be surprisingly good. For me its pretty nostalgic after growing up hearing the outro solos for hotel Calli/ the talkbox bit in rocky mountain way etc. in the car when i was 7 as being a big part of falling in love with the guitar - and free was just the right price. Vocals and guitars came through really well.

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Holic
Last edited: