Who wants to fight about the Eagles?

RoscoeElegante

Poster Extraordinaire
"Try and Love Again" and "Lyin' Eyes" are very fine pop songs, IMHO.

I like the guitars on "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and, somewhat less so, "Take It Easy."

A few verses in "The Last Resort" are very well-written.

Otherwise, sappy, canned, predictable. The vocals are generally both reedy and over-layered.

But to each his own.

BrazHog

Tele-Meister
I can't believe they are still touring with a line up lacking for founding members only rivaled by the Beach Boys.

Well, if people are willing to pay their ticket to see these ship of Theseus-type bands, more power to them. Me, I don't like the stadium rock experience in general, but I wouldn't mind going to see some of the big name big bands of the 40's in their current incarnation. I would refrain from engaging in fisticuffs with other members of the audience, however.

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
On this anonymous forum, I will admit that I was just never a fan.

I never liked them either, not one song. I hate their entire sound. Them, "Van Hagar" (Halen was good!) and Led Zeppelin. Blaspheme, I know, but I can't help it. Didn't care for Rush either, but grew to like them later at least.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Lot of pretty stupid comments here. I’ve seen original Eagles and the version with Frey, Henley, Schmidt, Walsh, and Stewart. They are rarely less than exemplary in their execution on stage. You may not care for their music but they do it well.
This thread is, I suppose, about fighting........

But I don't go to see a band play precisely the same thing, in the same way, multiples of times. Precision run amok, if you ask me.

At least if there's an audience fight, there's something to talk about. If every single Eagles concert is a perfect copy of the one before and after it, what is left to talk about? All the fun has been drained out of it. I think that's why Schmit looks so joyless. When he was with Poco, he seemed to be really excited on stage. Furay was difficult but he infected the other guys on stage with joy, I felt.

One more thing: Joe and Timmy are just workers. This is not "their" music. I think they deserve none of the blame, at all.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Well, if people are willing to pay their ticket to see these ship of Theseus-type bands, more power to them. Me, I don't like the stadium rock experience in general, but I wouldn't mind going to see some of the big name big bands of the 40's in their current incarnation. I would refrain from engaging in fisticuffs with other members of the audience, however.
After Mozart left Mozart I never went to see Mozart again!

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I've always liked a lot of the Eagles music. I admire and enjoy most of the individual band members, original, mid and new. I have never hesitated to acknowledge the skill and songwriting of Frey/Henley. In general I try to ignore all of the high drama, tell all, personality driven drivel about musicians...BUT...after watching the History of the Eagles it's hard to warm up to Glen and Don anymore. Just way too taken with themselves to the detriment of the other musicians. I understand that the business end of things can be tough but they seemed a little too comfortable with the heavy handed stuff.

Mike H.

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Was this guy involved?
dude.jpg

oldunc

Friend of Leo's

Ted Keane

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
This thread is, I suppose, about fighting........

But I don't go to see a band play precisely the same thing, in the same way, multiples of times. Precision run amok, if you ask me.

At least if there's an audience fight, there's something to talk about. If every single Eagles concert is a perfect copy of the one before and after it, what is left to talk about? All the fun has been drained out of it. I think that's why Schmit looks so joyless. When he was with Poco, he seemed to be really excited on stage. Furay was difficult but he infected the other guys on stage with joy, I felt.

One more thing: Joe and Timmy are just workers. This is not "their" music. I think they deserve none of the blame, at all.
Joe Walsh owns Life in the Fast Lane