Who still plays their Tele everyday?

awasson

Poster Extraordinaire
Mine is my main guitar for use with the band but immediately at hand lately it’s been a Strat. I’ve also been playing my 1999 Ibanez AS80 semi-hollow body which is a really nice guitar.
Ibanez semi-hollow bodies are really nice... I've got a 1981 AS100 that has been my #1 guitar since the day I bought it new (October 1981). My telecaster is currently getting all of my attention but I try to play the Ibanez at least once a week.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
If I am not turned on a plugged in, I'm not really playing the guitar in a meaningful way, I don't think.

Sometimes I am not plugged in but I have my "tech" hat on when I'm doing that - trying to get the guitar set up a little differently or better. That's not playing music, that's messing around that only pays off when I do plug in and try to make something happen with that guitar.

But no, no I don't play everyday. I like to go at it hard when the feeling is most strong. I found when I was playing every single day that I was treading water and couldn't move forward from there.

T Prior

Poster Extraordinaire
everyday is the norm even for a few minutes. It doesn't need to be plugged in. Now obviously I do miss a day here and there but generally I play each day. oh and yeah, one of the Telecasters.

jpjr50

Tele-Holic
Been in my home studio playing the Strat and Tele for hours. Uploading POD tones to YouTube. My Tele is 1 year old this week and everyday I still play her.

Even though my Strat is the latest guitar I've purchased the Tele is still #1.

I love night like these, by myself in the studio just creating tones on the POD (ditched all my analog pedals for this thing, Helix down the road). Good times.

pokett

TDPRI Member
Definitely still playing my Baja Tele every day. Got it about 3 months ago, and it was the nicest/most expensive electric guitar I've ever owned (Washburn entry level start HSS, style, and far east LP style). LOVE all of the positions, find myself rotating through, can't QUITE say I have a single favorite position, but I do come back to the bridge fairly often ;)

BajaTele.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100736786545913.1073741835.26202460&type=1&l=1e01a8bd66

BuckNekkid

Tele-Holic
The 60 (my avatar) doesn't get much attention, but I play my Magnificent Seven white ash Tele almost every day. Right now, I'm on a Robin Trower kick, so my Strat is seeing more work. But I play every day.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Count me in as playing my FSR BSB RC everyday along with an acoustic. Unplugged if I'm noodling or learning a new tune. Exceptions are when my fingers/hands are swollen from working on the house or if I'm in songwriting mode, then I'm on my Sheraton. My other guitars are for marathon playing plugged in on "rest" days.

akochelt

TDPRI Member
Any other young married guys/girls here? I'm 24 and can't quite justify an hour away from my wife playing every day after work. I normally get my playing in unplugged while we're watching TV or something. I'll plug in briefly while she's getting ready for bed or other brief times when we're not trying to spend time together.

I will say, ever since trading my old strat for a telecaster, I've been much more inspired in my playing/writing, and find myself wanting to play the telecaster all the time.

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Any other young married guys/girls here? I'm 24 and can't quite justify an hour away from my wife playing every day after work. I normally get my playing in unplugged while we're watching TV or something. I'll plug in briefly while she's getting ready for bed or other brief times when we're not trying to spend time together.
Go find her purse. Retrieve your man-parts. Play yer guitar. :D

(married 31 years, mostly happily)

Seriously, though, by 'away' do you mean you don't want to go practice with the guys? Yeah, I get it. So, practice at home. Happy marriages also consist of each doing their own thing, in relative proximity to one another, like in the next room. Works for us.

awasson

Poster Extraordinaire

I will say, ever since trading my old strat for a telecaster, I've been much more inspired in my playing/writing, and find myself wanting to play the telecaster all the time.
Well... I get it but aside from work and together time, you should try to put aside an hour a day to do something that's important to you. My wife pointed that out sometime earlier this year. Now I get an extra hour for playing guitar on top of the other time I play or practice :D

TheletterJ

Tele-Afflicted
I don't even have a Tele anymore. :eek:

But this is the best guitar forum in the world so I'll stick around unless I get kicked out due to my lack of Tele status.

jpjr50

Tele-Holic
I'm glad you brought my own thread back up because I have an update.

So when I wrote this post a few months ago I had just bought a Strat that turned into a Suhr Pete Thorn clone.

Well I just bought another guitar....a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Honey Burst.

So you're probably thinking there is know way he's playing the Tele everyday now with those two incredible guitars.

The truth is when I need a guitar for strummy songs the Tele is what I grab first. I use the Strat when I need a multiple of tones since it has a 5-way switch plus it's the HSS version so the humbucker makes it versatile. When I'm playing lead the Les Paul gets the nod.

So yes...I still play all three guitars everyday.

Here they are.

Guitar Collection by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

The Famil Joe Family by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

Mr. Lumbergh

Poster Extraordinaire
The Gilmour partscaster I put together has been my #1 since I got it together. I love my Teles, but damn, that thing is sweet.

AndrewG

Friend of Leo's
I'm gigging regularly so I need to practise every day or I'll lose my chops and callouses. There's also usually a lot of new material to learn which is a practise session in itself. I usually play unplugged at home, unless I'm working on getting the tone right for a specific tune.