1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Who still loves their Digitech Trio Plus?

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Chunkocaster, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Meumfluctu

Meumfluctu TDPRI Member

Yes it will work at 12 o’clock. Just can’t breath on it. I may tape it around the base in a static position and leave it be.

Thanks guys for the information. I have done the mix down method a few times but think I need to refine the T+ output and JM input to get a cleaner track on the JM. (I’m sure a PA sounds better also).

thanks again

2. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

MenmFluctu

Your welcome! As one who's done a lot of mixdowns over the years, several critical listenings before the final recorded mixdown will help. Sometimes leaving the volume the same on bass/drums/rhythm through the whole mix is not always the best and may require riding the volume up or down on some parts. You can only determine that by listening very closely and sometimes I make notes of volume levels at certain locations to help me keep track.

Even after all that I have determined that I didn't like the mix, deleted it and started over:>) Platefire

I

3. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Sold mine, more looper than I needed. I didn't like the way you have to chord out the rhythm, I had a Trio plus.

4. Platefire

Don't guess the Trio+ is for everybody. For those people that don't mind beating their brains out to hammer out a jam/back up track/tune its a nice tool. After playing in bands since I was 15 it's kind of nice to have the power through the Trio+ to command a band at my pleasure at the push of a button for as long as I desire. Don't get me wrong, I still play in a band with real people but this is a nice side option. Platefire

GuitLoop likes this.
  5. russhassung

russhassung NEW MEMBER!

6. Platefire

Got really frustrated with my trio+ last night. I would guess I spent almost 4 hours trying to build a track for the old 60's classic "Please Come home for Christmas" by Charles Brown. I tried every trick of my experience to make it work but the bass would not track with me all the way though a part. I tried cording it with a capo, then without a capo and also using different cording methods. I started off with Rhythm and Blues setting which seemed would be the right music Genre. After trying multiple Genres and Styles I finally found that Alt Rock and #9 style seem to work OK but----the bass would not track all the way through my parts on the right notes. That's with trying all the bass settings simple and otherwise. I was refusing to give up because I can usually find a solution and work it out but last night I had to hang it up on that one. Platefire

7. braveheart

braveheart Tele-Afflicted

I have the Trio,too...the downside is that you can't store more than one song

8. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

I know you don't have BIAB but fyi and for anyone using it...in BIAB you can typically get the exact bass notes you want by entering 'over' chords... like D/F# which is F# over D. The bass will generally play the F# for this chord.

9. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

True for the original trio but not true for the trio plus. I have the original trio and I record the output from the trio for later use.

10. Platefire

My Digitech JamMan Stereo(the big one) lost all the memory on the 32GB SDHC card Saturday night. I was up to 80 songs and I went over to 90 to recorded 8 Christmas songs. I started at the 90 program number because I wanted my Christmas songs to be separate form the other 1-80 regular songs. When I finished recording the last #98 and pushed the store button, the JamMan went crazy and I started seeing all the programs numbers of all the songs speeding quickly by in the display. When it was done all the songs on the card were gone. The 15 songs on the JamMans internal memory are still intact, just everything on the card is gone. I did attempt to record on the card again but when you start to record it gives you a "memory Full" notification. I pulled the card out and clean the JamMan contact points in the card slot with Deoxit D5 and also the contacts on the card. Then wiped the contact with a small bristled brush before it dried, then wiped of the contact with a lint free cleaning cloth. Inserted the card back in but everything is still the same.

The only consolation is that I do have my original large mono JamMan as a backup that contains all the songs lost with the exception of last 8 new Christmas songs I put on the Stereo but I still have the Christmas songs on the Trio+. So hopefully with a new 32 GB SDHC card I can record all the lost songs from the original mono JM to the Stereo JM. All my tracks are mono anyway, so---I just hope I don't lose much resolution in the transfer.

BTW---The JamMan stereo did the once before about 3 years ago and I had to do the same thing except now its just more songs than then. The manual only mentions using 32GB card??? So I'm not sure it could handle a card 64GB memory/120MB speed????? Platefire

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  11. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I've had the Jamman Stereo and also the Stereo Delay. I gave the former to a friend and just sold the latter, though in all honesty I managed to get a great deal of use out of both of them to capture spontaneous ideas, which is what I really want a looper for. Did I set up the delay? Yes. Was it crucial? No.

The JamManager software was bizarre, because you didn't just see a set of WAV files in folders whose names matched the loop numbers. No, that would have been too easy. It was something else, quite confusing and slow to use.

I have my own search for looper nirvana going on and I'm getting closer. Will report in a separate thread to avoid derailing this one.

Obsessed likes this.
  12. Platefire

Got Good News to report!!! regarding post # 90 above about losing all my data on the 32GB SDHC card.
    I got up this morning and went in my Jam room, fired up the equipment including the JamMan.
    Guess what??? All the data is back! I was so elated that I was beside myself.

I'm going to call this my Christmas Miracle and just say Thank you Jesus! Merry Christmas Ya'll
    Platefire

13. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

You might have figured this by now, but you can use recovery software to recover 'lost' data on memory cards. Or send it to a local geek who can do it for you. I have this in mind as I did some wedding photography a few years ago... it was a comfort if all else failed.

Duh... just seen your last post, above. :confused: Good news. I'll leave my post there anyway, if anyone else needs it.

14. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

Make a copy QUICK!

15. Rick Hubka

Rick Hubka NEW MEMBER!

Just got my Digitech Trio+ with the FS2X today. Have been playing with it for just 1 hour. Wow!!! This is going to keep me very busy. So much fun for an old guy :). Will have to read this whole thread now. Wait... I'll go get a beer first. ha

Bill Moore and GuitLoop like this.
  16. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

Me...

its the only pedal that i will never sell. It helps me to be better every day.

17. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Meister

Just got one, is there a small case that fits the Trio Plus, charger, foot switch and cable anyone recommends?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.