Who plays wordle daily??

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I just started a few days ago. It a fun daily brain teaser.

My strategy is to figure out which vowels the word has as quickly as possible by starting with words that have as many different vowels as possible. Something like viola. If none of those letters are right, then you know the word has e and/or u.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have been enjoying it.

Funny about the "scoring" though because I am proud of my 4s more than my 2, which was still mostly shirthouse luck.

Anyways, good way to keep your mind active!

TomBrokaw

Tele-Meister

My strategy is to figure out which vowels the word has as quickly as possible by starting with words that have as many different vowels as possible. Something like viola. If none of those letters are right, then you know the word has e and/or u.
I start with ready and touch, covers a few common consonants too.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I was doing that too, then two days in a row the word had one vowel (knoll and whack)

Last edited:

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
I started to. A couple of weeks ago? But it got monotonous really quick. That, and I don't have the attention span and patience to wait a day for a new one. Not a big enough dopamine rush, I guess. So I do it if I remember and feel like it. But there's no more novelty to it whatsoever now.

EDIT: Ok, well now I'm thinking about it, so I'll do it and report back.

EDIT EDIT: 5/6. Not my best. But I got it. Yay, I guess. 😉

Seriously, though. I don't know how this can be anything but a quickly passing fad. Let's check back in a few months.

Last edited:

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Incidentally, a pro hacker I know (white hat) forwarded a twitter feed from someone who figured out you can see all the words by checking page source. Apparently, it's all browser/client-side javascript. 🤣 I haven't tried it, since it would take the last little morsel of fun out of the game.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I just did todays a game. Took about 15 seconds to get it. My go to, viola, didn’t give me many clues, but my second word guess had all the letters in the right places except the first letter, so it was easy to get on the third row.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Good starting words:

SMEAR
SHEAR
WASTE
PARTY
PASTE

But as I said, for a more challenging experience, always start with yesterday’s word.

I lucked out the first few times using some old Wheel of Fortune tricks. Worked magic. Then it didn't anymore. :lol:

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
Incidentally, a pro hacker I know (white hat) forwarded a twitter feed from someone who figured out you can see all the words by checking page source. Apparently, it's all browser/client-side javascript. 🤣 I haven't tried it, since it would take the last little morsel of fun out of the game.
LOL. On a whim, I had to find out for myself. YUP! LOL! Fun little trick to show off with. They've stored all words to be used for the future in the supporting .js file.

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
I just got into it a few weeks ago after my wife introduced me to it. I'm hooked for sure!

So far, my best is solving it on the third try. A friend of ours got a few of them on the second try.

It's fun!