1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Who knows what this is?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Bush Wiebe, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

It's not a pedal I know, but I was thinking of adding it to my pedal board and just telling people that it's the holy grail of tone and only two were ever made. And I have one. :twisted:

Anyway, it says Helpinstill Guitar Sensor on it. It has a clip on the back to wear somehow I guess. Anyone know what it is?

Attached Files:

2. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Helpinstill makes pickups for pianos. I imagine yours is a preamp for a piezo guitar pickup of some kind.

3. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Here's how it would look on the board. I think it works. If nothing else it'll mess with some poor guitar player who can't figure out what it is :D

Attached Files:

4. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Oh, cool! Thanks. I found it in some random cupboard at a church and the sound guy gave it to me. He had no idea what it was either. Thank you!!

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Obviously it senses when a guitar is plugged into it. :D

6. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

It must have had a pickup that came with it if it's like the piano sensors. Maybe you can find it somewhere at church?

Added:Look up the prices on the piano sensors, very spendy item.

7. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

The Model 65 looks like a simpler version of those used for piano. Something like the Model 180 was like three in one. Below is a picture of the Model 185, which had stereo output.

[​IMG]

The box itself looks to be not much more than a passive outboard volume control. If you think about it, something like a piano with a 'sensor' (e.g. pickup) added will require a volume control also.

The big question is what kind of guitar was the Model 65 intended for, and what does the actual pickup look like? It's a magnetic sensor, so it shouldn't be something that would have been used for acoustic guitars.

8. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

I'll check at the church to see if there is a pickup somewhere. Any idea of what that would look like? It would be nice to have the complete piece.

Cool little item!

9. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Wow, those things are expensive! Maybe the sound guy wouldn't have given it to me if he knew :neutral:. I'll try to find the actual pickup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.