Who is your favorite slide Guitarist?

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Really love David Lindley's work with Jackson Browne.

Don't have a favorite atm, but I really like Isbell's slide work and he gets better every year. Plus, he seems to only use standard tuning which is impressive to me. Not that any slide is easy (as I know all too well), but tuning into open seems to set you on the right path. Standard? I can't even.

mycroftxxx

Tele-Meister
In addition to those already mentioned - Duane Allman, Joe Walsh, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Sonny Landreth, Ry Cooder, David Lindley, etc. - the late Chris Whitley could play some soulful acoustic slide mixed with fretting. Here’s one of my favorites, live so you can see what he’s doing (at least in some of the video):

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Meister
George Harrison is obviously one slide player I hold in high regard. George was greatly influenced by a lot of English blues rock, and you can tell in his slide solos. If you don't believe me, you should listen to Handle With Care or Crackerbox Palace to prove my point. John Lennon played some slide too, he played a Hofner lap steel on For You Blue with a shotgun shell. John Lennon also played a lot of slide guitar on the Mind Games album.

Ronnie Wood of the Faces and Rolling Stones is another obvious example of the slide guitar in rock music. His playing on Stay With Me is to die for.

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Derek Trucks and Hound Dog Taylor... Certainly, but, anyone else for Chris Rea?
PS, Potentially heresy but... I could never get into Duane's playing!
Chris Rea! Oh, yeah! Knew I was forgetting someone! "Road To Hell" is etched in my brain: