1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Who is the most reliable custom guitar maker?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by n8smusic, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Jethro

Jethro Tele-Afflicted

For what it's worth I'll throw some Canadian content in here. We've got a builder up here, George Rizsanyi, on our East Coast in Nova Scotia that builds beautiful pieces, Acoustic and Electric. I have one of his Tele models that is Honduran Mahogany with Humbucker and Bigsby. The workmanship is incredible. The fretboard wood is Aussie Lacewood (feels somewhere between maple and rosewood). His pickups are all custom built by Jon Baxter out of Alabama. He can do pretty much anything you want as far as woods, pickups, wiring/switching and is treat to deal with. He also runs a Lutherie school which is where his shoppe is based out of.

http://www.canadianschooloflutherie.com/

2. DOGMA Dunn

DOGMA Dunn Friend of Leo's

IMO one who gives you a free quote, a written estimate, does the job like a contrator, has a specific time of completion, and has a sign off for when the project is completed. You may not find a contrator to provide everything I mention. But they should at leas be able to give you a written contract.

Good luck with that.

3. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

I am a fan of the Fender CS. Nothing but positive dealings with them from my experience.

4. brightlight

brightlight Tele-Meister

I've never even heard of Monterose, but I am interested in hearing why you advise to stay away from him. It's always good to know these things. If you don't wanna say it in this thread a private message would be appreciated!

5. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Type in "Vintique" in the Search Box....enjoy !

6. Carvalho Diablo

Carvalho Diablo Tele-Meister

Bob Logan of Logan Custom guitars is an absolute gentleman, and my Logan Custom tele is an incredible guitar, just a real top quality players guitar.

Also incredible value for money.

7. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's

Also check this thread: The Five Year Tele

8. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

desperadoville....usa.he builds a working mans tele! and priced right.

9. nocaster67

nocaster67 TDPRI Member

Did Danny end up getting his guitar? How much extra time did he wait?

10. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Thanks Art !....and Art's "Roadhouse" Tele is makin it's Stage Debut Tonite !!

11. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

He never said he wanted a traditional "tele". They do make fender scale bolt on guitars btw. Fact is, they make some of the best semi custom guitars for the $ and are reliable as a company.

12. szechuanking

szechuanking Tele-Holic

what do you mean wins? wins at what? ron kirn will like his and i'll like mine. everybody "wins"

here is a thinline i built. i like it

ak%2520031.jpg

13. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Wins as in sounds/plays better. I thought that was obvious.

14. szechuanking

szechuanking Tele-Holic

here's my tele plus. i like it.

tele+1.jpg

although i have to admit. it was an acoustic at the point this picture was taken...

15. szechuanking

szechuanking Tele-Holic

thats interesting...seems like a totally subjective concept really.

16. szechuanking

szechuanking Tele-Holic

anyone...with...a piece of wood?

17. brightlight

brightlight Tele-Meister

This is extremely subjective. I wouldn't even go there if I were either of you two. Save your opinions for something/someone you know.

Which brings me to why I came back to this thread:

I seached "Vintque" and came across Fatocaster's thread and read the whole thing. I also read some of the the corresponding threads that came after/before.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE MODS: I have no intention of reviving ANY old thread/discussions, especially locked ones.

I would honestly suggest that anyone who was part of the recent "Fender" thread in which Mike Eldred and Ron Kirn had some words with one another also do a search for Vintique and find the thread about the Five Year Telecaster. Especially the last 2 or 3 pages.

If you read between the lines you can get some good insight into how bad the mob mentality can get towards figures that are much more public that 99% of us TDPRI members. In Jay's case, things had obviously come to the point where he deserved a "name and shame", but I'm still a little upset about how Ron was treated here a few months ago.

Also, on a different note: I now see the pettiness of all the "recurring theme" type threads that pop up around here. E.G. tone woods, nitro v. poly, etc...I know I've been very vocal and abrassive in threads of that nature and I'm sorry if I've ever offended someone on the other side of my argument.

18. boo radley

boo radley Tele-Meister

Actually, has the original poster been heard from again? I think not -- these sorts of questions seem like a vicious popularity contest....

I'm sorry, I was just gently making fun because "Carvin" never occurred to me. They may make an excellent guitar but they don't seem to sell too well, used, based on some CL listing in my area.

19. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not sure what the resale value has to do with anything other than you can get a good price on a used one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.