Who has more willpower?

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Is there a valid way to test who has more willpower between two people? I'm trying to think of one, but everything seems to be dependent on some physical or other factor. I just want to distill the contest to who has more power of will and I can't come up with a valid test. For example, I was thinking who can stay awake longer, but that's dependent on fitness and how much rest you've gotten. Then I was thinking, who could eat a ghost pepper and go longer before drinking something... but capsaicin tolerance is a big factor there. Then I thought to lower the challenge to limit it's impact on the test, like, who can listen to an annoying sound the longest before giving up. but a test like that could take an unreasonable amount of time and will probably be determined by who has less to do. I thought about a staring contest, but I guess someone's physiology comes into play there, and hydration.

Any ideas?
you can have them eat stupid things. Start with hot chicken wings and end with a freshly baked dog turd. See John water's pink flamingo. Divine (the transvestite) did it.

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
willpowers1.jpg

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
Sheer willpower has prevented anyone posting here for one week!

albatrossblank-stare.jpg
see?

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Falcons fans have immutable and nearly infinite will power.

Also I have $400 and I haven’t ordered the AMT ACV-1 pedal. The strength to not buy this pedal is built on a foundation of patiently waiting for the Falcons to win a Lombardi. I am steadfast like a wolf. Like anyone who loves the Falcons.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Is there a valid way to test who has more willpower between two people? I'm trying to think of one, but everything seems to be dependent on some physical or other factor. I just want to distill the contest to who has more power of will and I can't come up with a valid test. For example, I was thinking who can stay awake longer, but that's dependent on fitness and how much rest you've gotten. Then I was thinking, who could eat a ghost pepper and go longer before drinking something... but capsaicin tolerance is a big factor there. Then I thought to lower the challenge to limit it's impact on the test, like, who can listen to an annoying sound the longest before giving up. but a test like that could take an unreasonable amount of time and will probably be determined by who has less to do. I thought about a staring contest, but I guess someone's physiology comes into play there, and hydration.

Any ideas?
Willpower?nah , I just surrender and wait for the urge to pass.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
For me I have no willpower if there are peanuts or cashews around. I will NOT bring candy into the house but if it’s here I find myself with less willpower to avoid it
I’ve resisted the urge to buy some things as well as succumbed to the urge buy others.

LightningPhil

Tele-Holic
Went out for a coffee and came back with a camer lens on Wednesday. Have been resisting buying it for more than a year. Now i wonder why resist. Was likely to crack anyhow and then I'd have had the lens for a year longer...

Don't resist, give into sweet, sweet temptation 😈

Poster Extraordinaire
Mrs K and I have a longstanding rule when we're out for dinner (rare these days).
Whoever is first to look at their phone other than an incoming voice call has to foot the bill.

What difference does it make who pays the bill? It all comes from the same pot.