Who else likes how shiny their Tele is?

tgfmike

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I was just looking at my two-week-old black MIM and I love all the shininess. Shiny black finish, shiny new b/w/b pickguard I installed, shiny chrome hardware and shiny chrome-covered mini-humbucker in the neck position. I always thought matte finishes looked better. I guess Tele's can change your mind about everything.

kappa2583

Tele-Meister
I like my shiny new tele too! Although, I'm sure as it gets scuffed up and worn I will love it just as much!

Telemarkman

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I love to look at a shiny guitar - that's why I polish my guitars rather frequently.

I don't mind them being naturally worn, but that's no excuse for not keeping them shiny!

mellecaster

Former Member
I'll take it upon myself to bring some Sanity to this obviously Sick Thread..;)

photo1copy.jpg

tgfmike

Telefied
Ad Free Member
melle - next time you recraft a tele, please save the shiny stuff and send it to me. I'll be glad to pay the postage.

M D -what's your maintenance process? I'm using an old sock and Endust For Electronics.

tcarp

Tele-Holic
I love my MIM Thinline but the high gloss poly is, well, too high glossy. I wish it was kicked down a notch, but I don't lose sleep over it. When I ambered and clear nitro'd the neck, I buffed it with 0000 for a more satin look and installed a matte black guard to take the edge off a bit.

Tom

Attachments

• tele2.jpg
    tele2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 71
  • tele1.jpg
    tele1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 104

BooNin

Tele-Meister
When I've bought shiny guitars, I've kept them looking that way. When I've bought relics, I've kept them clean and given them the same level of care. I just look after my stuff.

SURF

Tele-Holic
Just finished cleaning my first new tele and found that thread.:) Yes. I have the same feelings. BTW tele is the only guitar that can be used as a mirror for shaving. Control plate is perfect for that.

*it was my first post here. Hmmm.... Anyway hello everybody! :D

SURF

Tele-Holic
Welcome SURF! May your tele remain always shiny!
Thank you tgfmike! The guitar is less then a week but the pickup covers are removed already. Those were shiny... :( While removing I messed the wires in the pickup. But managed to repair it in some half an hour. :D And as a new telelover I am happy from the sound of a bridge pickup. Wish I had such a guitar some 30 years ago..

tgfmike

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thank you tgfmike! The guitar is less then a week but the pickup covers are removed already. Those were shiny... :( While removing I messed the wires in the pickup. But managed to repair it in some half an hour. :D And as a new telelover I am happy from the sound of a bridge pickup. Wish I had such a guitar some 30 years ago..

A true tele lover - making mods in the first week!