1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Who buys new guitars?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by CapnCrunch, Dec 2, 2020.

1. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

I can totally see that perspective. On the other hand, I've personally never bought a used lemon. I know they are out there, so I count myself lucky that I've been able to avoid them. If the used prices continue to climb in my area, I may shift over to buying new only too.

Festofish likes this.
  2. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I bought mostly used when I was younger. For the last 20 yrs or so I've bought mostly new.
    I like the idea of a warranty cuz I suck at my own repairs and mods. I do them when I need to but...

Funny that I have more guitars now being retired than when I was gigging. Makes recording more fun. Probably just as well...I would've been tempted to bring more than one to a gig when one would do. I were smart and didn't knowd it. ;):D

3. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Agreed! You are missing out man. Buying used has allowed me to add many different flavors(construction/pups etc.). I would have never bought my Tele thinline or my Gretsch new and they have become my two faves in a collection of faves. Also got a Schecter PT Tele on a trade and it’s just got this amazing, broken in neck! It’s 20 years old and it’s phenomenal! Take a chance.

4. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I buy cheap.

Usually that means used, but I’ve occasionally found new guitars on great sales.

5. DuckDodgers

DuckDodgers Tele-Holic

One electric and my mandolin were purchased new. Everything else was used. Like most of you guys, price is a major factor for me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.