Whitney and Angelina, your critique please

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ASATKat, Dec 12, 2019.

1. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Here's something to talk about, we lost Whitney Houston and we grieved. But life moves forward and new talent keeps a rolling in. I predict Angelina Jordan has a better than good chance of being one of the major superstars in her generation. And in 10 years when she's 23, if all things work out, look out.

The world will hear lots more from Angelina Jordan, she's 12 in this, now she's 13.
    Whitney Houston is in her prime here, it could have been better audio but her deliverance shines through like always.
    They sing in different keys which makes it interesting to listen to, it's kinda cool. They both have amazing voices so I focused on the heartfelt emotive deliverance that are distinctly different in each of them.

Enjoy a peek at the past and the future and critique away,

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. Pedulla-2007

Pedulla-2007 TDPRI Member

If that was my child, I would find the best vocal teacher I could afford to teach her how to use the talents that she has. She definitely has a future in music, she will make her parents famous!

3. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

There's problems with finding a coach for someone who is better than the coach will ever be. Has to be a special teacher/coach.

Interesting, she comes from the same country (Kazicst???) as the unbelievably talented Dimash, and they know each other. Now he might be a great coach for her.

4. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

In my opinion, prodigies don't really need teachers as much as guides, they already have it, and the parents and manager don't want to change what she's doing, like a head shrink.
    Julian Lage was also a child prodigy and his (teacher) was Randy Vincent, a great SF based wonder on his own. He said he didn't teach the 8 year old much of anything because Julian just extracted all what he needed by just playing with him. And that's what they did. Randy never pulled rank, he was mostly a friend with scheduled get togethers, until Julian got a gig with Gary Burton at 12.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.