1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Which would you?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by quackerz, Jul 31, 2010.

1. quackerz

quackerz Tele-Afflicted

In my '79 Tele I have a set of Fender Hot Vintage pickups from a Texas Tele. I hate them. Actually the neck pickup is great for some stuff but I find the bridge pickup absolutely useless - very dark and not very Tele-sounding at all.

Anyway, I have the following pickup sets in my possession. Nothing great but at least they're different. If it were you, which set would you try first in an attempt to make this guitar sound like a Tele again?

1992 MIJ '62RI
    1995 CIJ '62RI
    2006 MIM Standard

I also found a Duncan Lil '59 humbucker bridge and a Lace Sensor blue neck pickup. LOL! What was I thinking there????

Thanks!

2. benbo

benbo Tele-Afflicted

1992 MIJ '62RI

3. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

I switched my MIM '06's stock PUPs for Keystones but I didn't dislike them. That particular year was when they switched to ceramic "hotter" PUPS. I liked the hotter PUPS but I think they were getting away from the Tele sound which is what you ran into with your Texas Tele. Would probably talk you out of the stock MIMs but would keep them handy......I think they are good pickups.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.