Which songs make you cry

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
There is only one song that literally makes me cry.
"What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. We used to play that regularly as an encore, until my significant other's sister died from brain tumor back in 2019 and that was played on her funeral. I showed some composure during the funeral, because I wanted to comfort my s.o. and her sisters family, but when that one played, I bawled. Pretty much everyone did. Never played the song again since and I change the channel when it comes on the radio.

effzee

Tele-Meister
I'm pretty immune to this sentimental stuff, but there's a song that does it to me every time. Here's a live version, but the studio recording is probably even more effective at getting the waterworks working

FaithNicole

TDPRI Member
so many songs probably would, but I haven't heard them (yet)
The End of the World - Skeeter Davis
Unchained Melody - When sung by my drummer friend. Plus, when I play it with him, I get goosebumps.

Spox

Tele-Meister
This, a dear friend got me into it, we should have been an item but I didn't take the lead and her life went off the rails and she died about eighteen months ago, I don't think she even made fifty.

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
This song by George Jones brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. There are several names, on the Wall, who I knew during our High School years together.

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Regret mixed with the knowledge that it just can't be.

Last edited:

FuzzWatt

Tele-Meister
Cavalleria rusticana by Pietro Mascagni

The American National anthem (I'm not American but it's a beautiful song)

Tennessee Ernie Ford Shenandoah

Last edited: