1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

which pickup is this?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by bepo-san, Sep 19, 2020.

1. bepo-san

bepo-san TDPRI Member

2. Bendyha

Bendyha Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'd guess it is two of these set next to each other. It looks to have the width of a guitar pickup, and not be especially made for a saz.
    upload_2020-9-19_21-28-55.png Several companies make twin blade single coils, which one is used there would be hard to judge. I've not seen a ready set humbucker sized 4 bladed PU before.

Probably two "Diego Twin Blade" from Goldo.

EDIT:
    upload_2020-9-19_21-40-17.png This Chinese shocker is on the auction site for a mere 10 pound Stirling. https:/Humbucker-Double-Twin-Hot-Rail-Blade-Pickup-Red

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    bepo-san likes this.
  3. brogh

brogh Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Probably something available in Europe like Seymour Duncan hot rails or Dimarzio the chopper, although they appear to be wider, so might be a custom wound ? .. those two manufacturers are imho your best shot.

bepo-san likes this.
  4. sotob

sotob Tele-Holic

Great Music!

bepo-san likes this.
  5. bepo-san

bepo-san TDPRI Member

thank you for reply. I am pretty sure these are 2 of 2 bladed pickups next to each other. I found an other old video. At 2:10 there are 4 screws next to pickups so it must be 2 pickups next to each other.

Thank you for reply. yes it might be custom wound but i hope its not.

well can you guess any pedals used in these videos. I found an info but im not sure. Some guy told me there is Boss distortion DS-1 and Boss GE7 equalizer and Boss ns- 2noise suppressor but i dont know its true or not. Can you help me at that point?

6. bepo-san

bepo-san TDPRI Member

Yes he was the best saz/bağlama player in the world

7. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

Bozlak Manyetik? Maybe. I can't read Turkish and there isn't much information about them in English. Good Luck!

bepo-san likes this.
  8. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

The boss pedal in this video looks like a boss overdrive not distortion

Looks like a od-3

Edit: the post below is correct it could also be a sd-1

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    bepo-san and xtelesquirex like this.
  9. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

The yellow one looks like a Boss OD-3 or SD-1. Looks like the GE-7 to me. Near the end you see the sliders for each frequency. The biggest pedal might be a volume pedal.

bepo-san and Fretting out like this.
  10. bepo-san

bepo-san TDPRI Member

thanks for reply. Bozlak is a music genre (like jazz, rock, metal etc.) which is just sing by turkish people. I think its english translation is close to lamentation but not exactly same. Manyetik means pickup in turkish. Bozlak manyetik is a general term to describe suitable pickups for bozlak music. For example Dimarzio Dp102 is a bozlak manyetik. There is not much information about them in turkish neither. Most people hiding the information like big secret. Thanks for attention. :)

Thanks for reply. I think its SD-1. There are videos from late 80s the tone is very similar to this. OD-3 produced in 1997. Thanks for help. I have to try these at some music store. Can't buy it without trying. Unfortunately these pedals are very expensive(like other everything) in turkey. You have to work 2 weeks just for one OD-3 pedal. Thank you for helping me. Im sorry for my grammer. Im trying to imrove my language skills.

Fretting out likes this.
  11. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

No problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help. And you're better at English than I am at any of my other languages. :cool:

Best of luck!

bepo-san likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.