1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Which of your Teles sounds best unplugged?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Nov 17, 2020.

1. derekwarner

derekwarner Tele-Meister

I have only one tele too!, she is 50 years old and she is mine

P1190548.JPG

P1190546.JPG

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    4pickupguy likes this.
  2. crowhaven2000

crowhaven2000 Tele-Meister

Why is this thread still going? Boredom is setting in I think? lol

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  3. Telebra

Telebra TDPRI Member

Even when I un-plug 'Aunt Polly' from the amp, I keep the cord in the guitar. This way I can run the cord under my pillow at night and provide myself and 'Polly' the telecaster version of Star Treks 'Vulcan Mind Meld'.
    Don't judge me, it doesn't make me a bad person! IMG_20191108_120720 (8).jpg IMG_20191114_135506.JPG

4. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

By far this one!! It’s the best sounding guitar I have owned in my 40+ years of playing. I have always found the livelier a guitar is unplugged the more responsive it is up loud, with air moving, reacting to the amp. You can feel the notes and the guitar just feels like a extension of your voice. I have other guitars that do not do this. They record fine. They play fantastic but they are missing that instant reaction in a live situation. I don’t care what the naysayers have to say nay about this. I don’t play their guitars, I play mine. This little guitar will certainly become my favorite as soon as I ruin it with a couple more pickups. Touch the headstock of this little jewel to a loud cab and it’s practically a violin! As magic a guitar as I have held.
    The down side...... it exposes every flaw in my playing. Every sloppy nuance is laid bare for all to hear. It’s actually hard to pick this guitar up after playing my others. It forces me to play ‘on top of the note’. I trust with time I will grow my way into sounding good on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  5. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

This ugly ol thing i picked up @ a pawn shop 10 yrs ago. Very light and extremely resonant. Other than 6lbs even, a fat full 1 inch neck, vintage tuners, 21 fret, 6105 fret wire. I have no idea of what the rest of the specs are. Great tone! securedownload.jpg

gobi_grey likes this.
  6. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Holic

It really is, right up there with the Danocaster and Underwood I have played.

rze99 likes this.
  7. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Sweet!

roknfnrol likes this.
  8. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

I have 2 telecasters, a Brad Paisley Silver tele and a custom shop 52. They are very different sounding guitars and surprisingly enough neither one emerges as a favorite in terms of tone. I love them both equally. Sometimes I prefer the BP silver and sometimes the 52. My wife bought me the BP last July for my 60th birthday and its the first inexpensive guitar I've owned since the 80's when I had a butterscotch squire tele.
    About the only thing I really prefer on the 52 over the BP is the neck. Its a big fat Nocaster U. And I prefer it only slightly as the BP neck is pretty comfortable as well. If it were just a little bit fatter I'd like it equal to the 52.

9. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Not sure which Tele sounds best unplugged.

My Mustang I is the best sounding amp unplugged that I own.

10. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

The only one I have. Wish I had more to choose from but I'm grateful for what I have.

11. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Without a doubt, the older one.

12. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Wow, @rze99 twenty plus Teles?!? :eek::D I have referred to my teles as a "collection," and I have a mere five teles. :oops:

All five are Logan Custom builds. But one is a thinline (2nd from left on the couch in the pic below), two others are cambered (the two on the right, also in my avatar pic). So, if you're talking the most resonant solidbody of my collection, it would be the Butterscotch Blonde in the middle.

It's solid swamp ash, but lightweight. The other solidbody, on the far left, is mahogany, BTW. It's heavy: 9 lbs. 2 oz. It's not really dull or lifeless; it vibrates pretty well when strummed unplugged. But that swamp ash BSB really vibrates unplugged. And it's more than 2 lbs. lighter.

[​IMG]

13. Danb541

Danb541 Tele-Afflicted

The lightest one, which is pine

14. Telebra

Telebra TDPRI Member

More info and pics please. looks SWEET!

15. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Meister

Got 8 or 9 Teles, but can't remember ever playing one unplugged. Don't really like the sound or feel of an electric unplugged.

20200915_180650.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.