1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Which neck model matches a '67 tele neck shape PERFECTLY?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by backalleyblues, Aug 22, 2020.

1. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's

Howdy, everyone!

I'm starting to poke around on my next project (after building 2 amp projects that turned out quite well!), and I'm thinking about recreating my original telecaster, a '67 rosewood board that I stupidly traded way back in the day. As I don't have good wood working facilities and the experience to actually craft a neck from scratch, I'm going to buy a neck for this project. I'm looking for a neck that is a perfect match, shape wise, to a real '67 neck (mine was a standard B neck) with the option of having jumbo frets installed like my original mutt telly had. There's a bunch of other details that will need to be sorted out like correct for this guitar parts, but that's for another thread... so what all would YOU recommend?

Thanks in advance,
    Franc Robert

2. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

3. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

all 67 tele necks are not the same...It's not like they were molded or something. You, for better or worse, are at the mercy of your own ability to recall, describe and guess the size and shape of your original neck, if that's what you are shooting for

"B" allegedly refers to the nut width doesn't it?

4. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's

Yes, the B is the neck width. As for my recall, I can say that the Japanese Custom Telecaster neck is spot on-so much so that a friend of mine who had built a partscaster with one handed it to me to check out, and I was back in my bedroom at my mom's house with my old guitar! The foto-flame necks are also the same shape, and I'm kicking myself for selling that guitar too...

Franc Robert

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.