Which guitar of yous gets most played?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Troubleandahalf, May 24, 2020.

1. dodona

dodona Tele-Meister

Gibson ES335 out of 10 electrical guitars.

2. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

I was a Les Paul guy for years, then my wife caught me sniffing around the ES-335s and surprised me with the one I'd been loving.

[​IMG]

It has been my main guitar squeeze and the center of my studio kit ever since. It has become like an extension of my arm. The '60s slim taper neck with the full shoulders and the tall frets just bring out the best from of me. Of course, various sessions require various guitars and I have learned that I have to rotate between them to keep from wearing this one out.

Bob

Gardo and Festofish like this.
  3. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Holic

Picked up a Gretsch G5220 about a month ago and I can’t put it down. The pickups! The chambered body! So incredibly resonant! I like adding guitars that are different than what I already have. My collection consists of neck through, set neck and bolt on construction p90s, humbuckers, Gibby and fender scales. I like trying something I’m unfamiliar with. That Gretsch though!!! So clear and strong! Push your boundaries and try something new!

Attached Files:

Troubleandahalf likes this.
  4. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Meister

Right now i can't seem to put down my 2004 Squire Telecaster Custom II. What a neck! Great P90 pickups, and light weight!

GDR

5. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Holic

I was new to guitar mods but wanted to do something to reduce the hum being caused by those energy saving cfl bulbs we were using. I went with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, which didn’t fit. I used a dremel to open up the bridge plate. Next the 500k mini pots had to go so I went with CTS 250 k volume and Fender no load tone which didn’t fit either. I had to drill out the control plate. I used the cap that came with the tone pot.Of course the knobs didn’t fit anymore so off to the drillpress once again. The plastic jack plate was charged to a steel one from Guitarfetish including a Switchcraft jack. The saddles were unstable but going with a set of D’Addario 10’s helped there. I also raised the action a bit which opened up the tone
    Forgot to mention that I eliminated the treble bleed and used 50’s wiring . Also a 3 way switch from Guitarfetish

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  6. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Like a lot of people the one I do not mind being smashed is the one on the side I reach for. Gibson and Martin upstairs in cases in cupboards do not get what they deserve timewise

Oddly, I think beating a cheap guitar helps me develop and sound better when I do get the special stuff in my hands

kodiakblair likes this.
  7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

This one is currently out by the Red small.jpg couch

Then this:

Attached Files:

shupe13 and Troubleandahalf like this.
  8. Timmay

Timmay TDPRI Member

BSB Vintage Vibe tele, and LP DC Jr. have been getting pretty equal time for the last several months.

9. Paulie13

Paulie13 Tele-Holic

My Benedetto Bravo gets most of my playing time. Both on my gigs and at home, where I usually play unplugged 90% of the time. It is just an inspiring guitar to pick up and play.

IMG-5129.jpg IMG-5131.jpg

10. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

Have about 8 guitars now on rotation - can't say that one gets more play than the others, even if I can't say that I don't have favorites! :D

Atm, all my guitars apart from one are in my work appartment in another country... the only one I have at hand is a 2020 Squier Esquire in sea foam. It's ok, but after all the hype I heard about the Classic Vibe guitars, I'm kind of underwhelmed.

11. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Tele-Meister

One of the two ion my avatar, both partscasters.

12. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

Yes. But only for the ones I can see through. I do it for the sheer halibut.

13. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Tele-Afflicted

Depends on the material I’m working on. Lately it is all about the Jazzmaster with flat wounds!

14. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

mine is so easy but hard at the same time. Easy because I play 2 of the 20 95% of the time. A custom made Strat and a EB Music Man Axis SS. I actually prefer them unplugged and pick away at them.
    It's hard because due to the necks on my main two, I can hardly play my PRS, Tele, Hollowbody, LesPaul and every other electric and it's even worse for the acoustics. I have a 4K acoustic that I had custom made for me and it sits in the case year after year. My other 5 acoustics just sit there as well. Oh well. It comes down to the comfortability of the necks and until I got these two guitars, I had no idea.

15. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

D8E46BA1-5E15-4AFF-9572-56FEDE0DE3AD.jpeg
    The “Hot Rail” is now gone. Back to all three American Standard pickups.

shupe13 likes this.
  16. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Due to ease and proximity, I often grab the Fender F270CE that was gifted to me by a friend, but has been requisitioned by my daughter...for all intents and purposes, it’s her guitar now.

067CA3B2-4EA1-4CAD-BD8B-248B4F50DBCF.jpeg

Also due to ease and proximity (as well as my love for the instrument in every way), the second guitar I play most is my pinstriped Telecaster, “Big Tex”...

7EDCC525-9D44-4C28-8EAB-76E9CD5C0413.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.