Which fretboard oil?

wraub

TDPRI Member
I use F-One. I dab on a dot between each fret, wipe it around the area, let it sit a couple of minutes, and then wipe it off thoroughly. Seems to work, smells nice, and a bottle will last at least a decade.
I keep coming back to recommendations for F_One because I'm looking for stuff that's not petroleum based, but- you say it smells nice, is it scented? What's it smell like?
Asking because some scents are no-go for me or my guitars.

WRHB

Tele-Holic
I have been using the Dunlop System 65 line on my guitars for as long as I can remember.
My preference is for Rosewood/Pau Ferro and that is what is on MOST of my guitars.
I clean and oil the fretboards once a year. Has worked well for me.

SYSTEM 65 GUITAR MAINTENANCE KIT - Dunlop (jimdunlop.com)

View attachment 995396
I took a chance and bought that whole kit on the recommendation of a kid at Guitar Center years ago. I have never regretted it!! It’s the only kit I’ve ever used and each bottle does what it’s supposed to do.

TomBrokaw

Tele-Meister
I keep coming back to recommendations for F_One because I'm looking for stuff that's not petroleum based, but- you say it smells nice, is it scented? What's it smell like?
Asking because some scents are no-go for me or my guitars.
Subjectiveness aside, I'd describe it as fairly bright and fresh. Not quite lemony, but like lemon in a similar way to how carob is like chocolate. It's noticeable for at least a few days after I apply it. Probably gone in a week or less.

wraub

TDPRI Member
Subjectiveness aside, I'd describe it as fairly bright and fresh. Not quite lemony, but like lemon in a similar way to how carob is like chocolate. It's noticeable for at least a few days after I apply it. Probably gone in a week or less.
Good to know. Thanks. ;)