Which Eminence speakers for my Pro Reverb?

James

TDPRI Member
Somebody suggested an eminence model, but the old posts are gone, an I done forgot!

Cam

Friend of Leo's
Snowshovelville Ehberta Great White North
Eminence 1228K

I've Eminence 1228K in my pro r.
They are rated for 35watts 8Ω each. I've wired them parrallel for 4Ω.
Kapton bobbins are much more thermally resistant, but lack a bit of the warmth offered by the paper.
There is a 20 watt version too. Check the spec pages at eminence.com just in case my info is out

Smokey

TDPRI Member
For a little more money you should check out the weber speaker site. Some great speaks there. Eminence is okay for a budget speaker.

Lance

Friend of Leo's
Better yet...

Call Ted Weber on the phone. I found he was very helpful in picking the right speaker for my amps. Nice guy!

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Eminence

I like the Eminence Legend 128's for the Pro Reverb. The Jensen C12N's are good, but the Emi Legend has a bit of the woody sound that makes things so warm and natural for me.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Emi vs Celestion cost...

Celestions are never cheaper than a comparable speaker from Eminence . My dealer cost for the Eminence Legend 128 is roughly $8 less per speaker than the Celestion G12H-80.
A more comparable Celestion speaker in comparison with the Legend 128 would be the Vintage 30, which would cost me about $50 more at wholesale prices than the Legend.

James

TDPRI Member
I don't see the Legend 128 listed on there site, you sure thats the model #?

Pierce

Tele-Holic
Re: Emi vs Celestion cost...

Wally said:
Celestions are never cheaper than a comparable speaker from Eminence . My dealer cost for the Eminence Legend 128 is roughly $8 less per speaker than the Celestion G12H-80.
A more comparable Celestion speaker in comparison with the Legend 128 would be the Vintage 30, which would cost me about $50 more at wholesale prices than the Legend.

the G12h80's are available all over for 50$..and smoke the v30's...email me and I'll give you the hook up
tom

Tim Swartz

Friend of Leo's
I've a/b'd the Eminence version of the V30 with a Celestion Vintage 30. The Eminence did not fare very well, it was muffled (like a blanket was put over it) and the bass was flatualant. Keep in mind that if you use Celestions you will need to either drill 4 more holes in the speaker frame or cut 4 of the bolts on the baffle.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Legend VS. V30

That's interesting, Tim. The Legends that I put in a BFProRev had a good strong low end and warm highs. There was no flatulence at all in my experience.

Pierce

Tele-Holic
depends on the year of the pro reverb

Tim Swartz said:
. Keep in mind that if you use Celestions you will need to either drill 4 more holes in the speaker frame or cut 4 of the bolts on the baffle.
the seventies stuff with the velcro baffles you just pull the screws..

tom