Which Effects, Looper, Pre-Amp?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by VerySlowHand, Jan 22, 2017.

1. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Looking for advice on a home set-up. I've not used an amp with my acoustic before, or effects, but I just got a telecaster with a Zoom G5n and have been having more fun putting the acoustic through the G5n, than the Tele. It's added a new dimension to the acoustic.

I might ditch the Tele and buy a set-up just for the acoustic. In any case I'm going to buy a small inexpensive acoustic amp - maybe the baby Fender. Do I...

- Keep the G5n for its effects (although I'll only use them in moderation) and in-built looper?
    - Ditch the G5n for something dedicated to acoustic, like the Zoom A3 and buy a dedicated looper? (I like auto start and quantize on my loopers, btw.)

I guess I'm asking if I'll really appreciate a dedicated acoustic guitar effects unit - and if so, please recommend any alternatives to the Zoom A3.

2. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Friend of Leo's

Any good delay is useable.

Things like tremolo, chorus, rotary speaker simulation, phase shifters, etc work fine with acoustics. What you get into is the same as with electrics. You start chasing which one sounds better.

So if you have those use them.

A good acoustic box like a Baggs Para DI or Venue offers a lot of tone shaping and things for live performances. If you are only playing at home these may be overkill.

I am also looking at loopers, but it will be my first.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.