Which amp has the closest sound to a Diezel VH4?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Kai Burns, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Kai Burns

Kai Burns TDPRI Member

I played a Diezel VH4 at a guitar store a while ago and I was blown away. It's become my dream amp... but what wasn't amazing was the $4,400 price tag. So I did some looking for amps under $2000 that sound like a VH4. I've heard that the Bogner Shiva and the Soldano Avenger (basically an SLO-100 but without cleans and much less expensive) can get close to a Diezel VH4. Out of those amps, which is the closest? I'm guessing the Soldano Avenger would cut nicer in the mix, but the mid scooped (not really scooped, but not as much mids as the Soldano) sound of the Bogner would be closer to a Diezel VH4. Or I might be completely wrong.

If these amps both sound nothing like a Diezel, what amps do?

2. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

How about something like a Diezel Herbert or Einstein? Those can be had used for considerably less than a VH4.

3. Kai Burns

Kai Burns TDPRI Member

I've recently been told that a Diezel VH2 will be released... I wanna try that. I was also thinking about the Bogner Twin Jet.

The Herbert and Einstein are way more metal oriented than the VH4 imo, the VH4 is more of a rock amp than a metal amp even though it can do metal very well.

4. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

I don't know about the diezel, but I can tell you this. I buy, sell, trade gear. I though the Bogner Shiva was the best sounding guitar amp I ever played through. Vast range from a nice clean to heavy distortion.

5. Kai Burns

Kai Burns TDPRI Member

I don't really care about the cleans cause I already have a good clean amp (Vox AC30). I've played the Shiva, and the high gain was a very different sound from the sound I'm looking for, but it still was a great sound.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.