1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Where to have stainless steel chassis made?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by DrPepper, Apr 14, 2021.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Now that David Allen is no longer selling his nice chassis's ala carte, where to get a GOOD pr style chassis?

I would even consider having one/some made if I could find the right mfger.

2. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

Weber's chassis are stainless.

https://tedweber.com/6a14kt/

Personally, I find SS chassis a hassle to work with if I need to punch extra holes, solder to it, or make any other changes. I usually prefer galvanized.

King Fan likes this.
  3. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Agree stainless is a PITA, galvanized is great. Even with a good PR chassis you occasionally want to add a hole (household ground bolt?), enlarge a hole (cap can clamp bolts?), or move a hole (the OT mounting bolt IIRC).

At one time, PR expert @muchxs suggested the Mojo PR chassis to me, and it was good advice (very soundly built). Mojo maybe had some surface treatment issues for a while but I think they may've fixed 'em. Also last I heard, for less $, the zachmdhunter ones on the Bay were a good deal and a fairly faithful clone of the Mojo, IIRC.

DrPepper likes this.
  4. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Yes Weber chassis are stainless. I don't like SS chassis though myself. You can't really solder to it well, so have to use studs or screws for grounding. Not a fan of IEC power sockets either and Weber does that.

I had no idea Allen is not selling lone chassis' ?

Mojo chassis are great, I dont like their thick steel faceplates that well though. Marsh may have a good chassis.
    I've used the Zachmanhunter of Ebay, they are good for the price, they are less "true to original" than the Mojo.

5. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Makes good sense, until Allen starts selling his chassis again I will do with Mojo... I like their tweed chassis.

6. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

Has David Allen said he isn't selling his chassis anymore or is it just because the new website deign doesn't have a parts section? I wonder if COVID materials/manufacturing delays may play a part in availability. It's amazing what I find has been effected when shopping for parts, even alder body blanks for guitars.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  7. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

I just emailed him this morning... He is holding on to his current inventory for his amps and kits, he said that "supplies and suppliers are not stable yet". It's a shame, his chassis are best, IMHO...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.