Where to Hang in Nashville?

Dan_in_WI

Tele-Meister
My wife and I are driving to Nashville to hang with her childhood friend who moved there about a year and a half ago. We will be there Thursday thru Sunday night. We will have some time by ourselves and some with her friend and her better half.

I have been to Nashville once for a couple of days back in 2018 or so. We did the Broadway thing and Country Music Hall of Fame. A lot of Honky Tonks. It was a lot of fun.

What's off the beaten path and worth seeing or doing?

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
There’s a place by the Parthenon that has good music and good food.

Hopefully a Nashvillian will chime in with its name

rarebreed

Tele-Afflicted
If you're going to hit the Broadway honky-tonks be prepared for crowds. My wife and I were just down there and we don't go that late in the week or weekends anymore as it is just too damn crowded. A lot of the honky-tonks are standing room only the closer it gets to the weekend.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
For something other than music, the Lane Motor Museum is really cool if you like strange vehicles. Propeller cars, one-off prototypes, stuff you can't imagine.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
There’s a place by the Parthenon that has good music and good food.

Hopefully a Nashvillian will chime in with its name
And GO to the Parthenon. It's awesome.
1666277121086.png

There's also a good BBQ place nearby.

cousinpaul

Friend of Leo's
If you bring your guitar, Papa Turney's has great BBQ and a friendly Saturday night jam. You might also check out writer's nights at the Commadore. There's usually an open mic after the scheduled writers play.

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
Stones River Battlefield if you’re into Civil War history. It’s humbling to witness the tiny plot of land less than the size of a football field where the most ferocious fighting of that battle took place, thousands of men shooting at each other at point-blank range.

Dan_in_WI

Tele-Meister
If you bring your guitar, Papa Turney's has great BBQ and a friendly Saturday night jam. You might also check out writer's nights at the Commadore. There's usually an open mic after the scheduled writers play.
I'm too afraid to jam in Nashville. I would look like an amateur, which I am. Thanks for the sugestions.