Where to checkout Custom shop teles in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by fishingjude, Mar 31, 2019.

1. fishingjude

fishingjude TDPRI Member

I live in Southern California and wanted to know where I can walk into a shop and try out
    some custom shop teles. Thanks
    Rey

2. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

True Tone Music in Santa Monica has a few.

3. NothingGoatboat

NothingGoatboat Tele-Meister

Good luck. It's kind of a guitar wasteland down here.

4. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Tele-Meister

"I live in Southern California and wanted to know where I can walk into a shop and try out
    some custom shop teles. Thanks Rey"

Buck suggests:
    Take a trip to Wildwood guitars. Fly in arriving mid day and play the instruments. Spend the night close by. Play again in the morning, then fly home that evening.

Better yet, take the vacation time and enjoy a wonderful drive! Wildwood ususally has a bounty of various custom shop Teles including masterbuilt models. It is a peerless education that will inform your purchase ever so wisely. You can experience all the subtle variances that can exist between the various wooden / electronic specimens (weight, tone, pickup variants, neck shapes, frets and finishes) and then decide, with greater clarity, what you like the best.

Buck

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  5. Little Red Tele

Little Red Tele Tele-Meister

And grab coffee at Moxie Bread Co down the street. MMMMMM

6. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Tele-Meister

When visiting Wildwood Guitars, a convenient place to spend the night, very close to the store, is the Westin Westminster. It is about a 15 minute (easy drive) to Wildwood in the next town north (Louisville). Certainly call ahead to Wildwood to let them know you are coming. And study their online inventory beforehand so you can tell them what serial numbers you are interested in. The first specs that I use to "filter out" unwanted models are weight and color, then progress from there. YMMV...

My last advice is that you will probably find several that you like. Forcing a challenging purchase decision. I always make sure I am "ready to buy" before I go, because I will likely find exactly what I want. If you fly in, then they can ship it to you...and maybe save you some sales tax $.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  7. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Isn't the Custom Shop in So Cal??

8. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

First, you know that Southern California ends at Disneyland. South of there is something else.

9. Duncan

Duncan Tele-Meister

10. MapleTwang

MapleTwang TDPRI Member

I just played like five of them... and they have way more at Guitar Center Hollywood.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.