Where to buy lefty pots

Lef T

Tele-Afflicted
Where can I find some?
Hello from a lefty in St. Catharines,just down the road from you.
I bought my lefty pots from Allparts in the States.
They are 250k pots.
I also bought a bag of sleeves to go with the order, because my Tele has knobs that work with full shafts and the lefty pots are split shaft.
Drop a brass sleeve on the new pot shaft and you're good to go.
Had my tech put them in and they work perfectly.
You would think Fender would spend an extra $ 1 to make their lefty guitars correct.

Pots

https://www.allparts.com/collections/left-handed

Brass Sleeves

https://www.allparts.com/products/ep-0220-brass-pot-sleeves?_pos=1&_sid=205be27b4&_ss=r

Last edited:

newuser1

Tele-Holic
Thanks for all replies! I'll do the wiring with the righty pots for now until I get the order with the reverse taper pots.

Lef T

Tele-Afflicted
You can wire the righty pots up like a right handed guitar.
Your sweeps will be in the opposite direction of a lefty pot,but they will work properly this way.

SneakyPup

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I built a lefty 335 for a friend and asked him about pots and the direction of rotation. He said "the same way a righty turns them". They got located on the other side of the guitar but still turn clockwise to get louder/brighter. He pointed out that the knobs on his amp and his radio and everything else works that way.
That's the way I've always done it; clockwise to get louder/brighter. Didn't take long to get used to it.

warrent

Friend of Leo's

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
you could also put a resistor across the terminals of a linear pot around twice the desired value to get a log taper in the direction you want. mess with the resistor for your ideal taper (non-guitar pots, like the general reverse-audio suggested, often have a bit of a weird taper for guitar use vs like CTS).

1642165884965.png

Last edited:

Blrfl

Tele-Afflicted
I see you couldn't find left-handed knobs for that thing. :D

That's a lovely shade of red, BTW. I used to have a car that was almost that color.