Where to buy caps, resistors, and such in Atlanta?

Doctorx33

Friend of Leo's
Since I moved out into the badlands between Atlanta and Athens, I've ordered my electronic components from the usual online suspects.

There's Audio Labs of Georgia in Doraville that people I know who restore old stereo consoles have used but I've never been there myself.

Audio Labs is still there. I live right across 285 from them.

SerpentRuss

Tele-Meister
Ad Free Member
It's sad, but I think just about everyone is the same mail-order boat. I don't think an electronics store can survive unless it's in a huge market. The fact that Fry's could not make it in the Atlanta area says a lot. I've never been, but I've had friends that tell me it was a fun place to visit.

I've gone the route of trying to have a little of everything on hand. Mouser and Tube Depot have great discounts on quantities. I just ordered 2 dozen pots from Tube Depot. I made a conscious decision a while back that I would try to use radial caps on my own builds and experimentation since they are so much cheaper. You can get great deals from mouser on 450 volt radial caps in the values that we normally use, especially if you buy 10 or more. Other than buying quantities of parts in the values I know I'm going to need, I've also purchased 1/2 watt resistor and film capacitor assortments over the years to fill out the holes.