Where to buy caps, resistors, and such in Atlanta?

gemini5

TDPRI Member
I'm starting to get back into working on old amps and am looking for a local source for parts. For years I was spoiled by ACK Radio, but they went out of biz. Then I found Fry's Electronics had caps & resistors which was great because I live right around the corner. Of course now they have closed!

So, if anyone has a recommendation for a source on the north side I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Smallbear has been slacking off for a while and expected them to close soon.
Forgot about Mojotone, but they don't always have what you may want.

gemini5

TDPRI Member
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I have ordered from mojotone as well as AES, however I was hoping for a miracle. I guess I'll just have to get used to waiting on my internet sales purchases to arrive. Just got some stuff from tubes & more the other day and immediately realized I didn't get everything I needed. Doh! Oh well, I'm not in a hurry.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Microcenter Duluth has a small selection. Not sure about their other georgia store.

Cysquatch

Tele-Holic
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I have ordered from mojotone as well as AES, however I was hoping for a miracle. I guess I'll just have to get used to waiting on my internet sales purchases to arrive. Just got some stuff from tubes & more the other day and immediately realized I didn't get everything I needed. Doh! Oh well, I'm not in a hurry.

It may be a stretch, but you could give Maple Street Guitars a call and see what they have on hand for repair work and if they'd part with any. Really great shop and they'll probably help you out if they can.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
The selection is tiny. I have lucked out getting a capacitor I needed that saved me having to order and wait for shipping, so they're not 100% useless.

I didn't know that, I'll have to check them out.

Last edited:

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Since I moved out into the badlands between Atlanta and Athens, I've ordered my electronic components from the usual online suspects.

There's Audio Labs of Georgia in Doraville that people I know who restore old stereo consoles have used but I've never been there myself.

SnidelyWhiplash

Friend of Leo's
I miss electronic stores. Being able to go to Rat Shack & just buying what you need. I recently needed just one resistor. The thought of paying pennies for one + many times its value to ship just doesn't appeal to me. I found a set of them with different values on Ebay for a nominal fee & purchased. More than I'll probably ever need, but they are there just in case.

Nickfl

Friend of Leo's
I’ve gotten most of my stuff from https://www.taydaelectronics.com/.

+1 for Tayda. They are great for resistors and pedal parts. I get hookup wire and pots there too, but you may not be happy with those for amp use if you are picky. Unfortunately they don't carry high voltage caps though, so you still have to buy some stuff elsewhere.

Weber is an option too. I've been happy with their parts and their prices tend to be the best, but shipping is usually a total ripoff any AES ends up being cheaper unless you are buying speakers anyway.

mishagolin

Tele-Meister
I'm starting to get back into working on old amps and am looking for a local source for parts. For years I was spoiled by ACK Radio, but they went out of biz. Then I found Fry's Electronics had caps & resistors which was great because I live right around the corner. Of course now they have closed!

So, if anyone has a recommendation for a source on the north side I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

ACK was great. I often went in to grab some tubes and caps.

Fry’s was ok in a pinch but there is nothing now.

only options now are online orders. I like AES and mouser.

mishagolin

Tele-Meister
I’ve picked up a few tubes from Audio Labs in Doraville before. I’m not sure if he’s still running though.

For amp related parts maybe try Andrew’s Amp Lab.