Where is everyone? Has anyone else noticed the slowness

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Has anyone else noticed that it’s been real slow around here lately? Ever since the upgrade

I know a few members who decided to take some time away but it seems really slow

Are people actually living real lives now?

I know it comes in waves but since I’ve been here the participation hasn’t seemed so sparse as it does now

There’s almost no new threads and zombie threads are coming in hordes!

Or maybe I’m just crazy?

Where is everyone!?

Have we finally done it? Have we discussed EVERYTHING!?
Well, I've been here more lately, but as soon as my drill press arrives, I'll be back at the bench drilling holes in my JM body.

Deathray

Friend of Leo's
I haven’t spent much time here, and it is a direct result of the new format. I dont
like having to hit “new posts”, and then hit “more” to see the latest. I also find the visual layout harder on my eyes. I’ve been hanging over on Strat Talk more, and hoping that doesn’t adopt the same changes. I usually spend more time here, than there.
But let’s face it, the owners of this forum
probably aren’t concerned with my petty complaints. But, since it was brought up…

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Oh Gawd - is this forum becoming like "Seinfeld," a forum about NOTHING?

Gotta admit, I'm pretty fed up with discussions of tonewoods, nitro vs. poly, various styles of picks, string gages, and where tone comes from.
We all know it resides inside your stompboxes. Right there next to the corroding 9 Volt.

How about a thread on straps? "Show us your favorites," or some such? It's a quasi-lame topic, but could elicit pix and like rectums and opinions, everybody has a favorite ...

WHAT HAVE WE BECOME? And where's my firkin' coffee??? 😧

ukepicker

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Hi.

I can’t remember the specifics, but I always had the old style site to display the ‘new posts’ page or some such.

I’m not sure, but maybe you can’t do that now. If I go hunting around actual individual sub-forums, I feel like I’m seeing more stuff going on. I’m wondering if something about the structure / design of the new version is hiding stuff or limiting what crosses my line of sight? Dunno, but I kinda get that feeling.

Pax/
Dean

This is it, precisely. I have to hit ‘new posts’ and then ‘what’s new’ to get back to where I used to go under the old format with only one step. Then I have to hit ‘more’ if I want to see more than like 10 threads.

Yep. This x10.

I bet I didn't peek at the new posts more than three times last week.

I miss you guys.
I'm worried that I may be done with TDPRI. I'm at least I'm taking a break.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Maybe a little. Football may be the issue.
When the Weber discussion board changed significantly years ago it literally died. But this change ain't much. Don't think it's that.

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Has anyone else noticed that it’s been real slow around here lately? Ever since the upgrade

I know a few members who decided to take some time away but it seems really slow

I know it comes in waves but since I’ve been here the participation hasn’t seemed so sparse as it does now

Or maybe I’m just crazy?

Where is everyone!?

Yes, it sure is quiet since the upgrade.
And yeah, so many zombie threads 10+ years old.
Last time I saw a thread by Blowtorch. And I am like, no way, he is back.
Nope, just a zombie thread.

And where exactly is @Obsessed? I only see him in zombie threads...

And like @ukepicker, if it stays so slow, I am thinking of taking a break from TDPRI ...

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
I am reading about as much as I always have and there has been enough good content here to keep me entertained. I have been busier both at work and around the house lately; a lot of fixing things that broke at the worst moment. I have probably been posting less.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
@getbent has started some interesting threads lately. He seems to know how to touch the souls of the TDPRI members.

@LGOberean, who started many popular threads, has been absent.

Beatles-baiting just doesn't work anymore.

Beetles! And square pizza!

Hasn’t really been the same since Blowtorch went away:(

Larry said that something rubbed him the wrong way so he’s only stopping by from time to time now, I always looked forward to his threads

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted

Or maybe I’m just crazy?

Where is everyone!?

check the drano post..there's a little excitement there

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
check the drano post..there's a little excitement there
But very little.
I noticed a drop off of posting that seems to have coincided with the “upgrade”. I’ve been tied up with things I’ve got to do/need to do/don’t want to do but like to check in when I can. I may have nothing to say, even if I add a comment

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
The new posts used to be at the top of the new posts, now the new posts aren't at the top of the new posts.
Where are the new posts.
Where will this post go?

And this one?

And this one...

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Every time someone posts a technical question, someone posts 7 links to the last 7 times it was discussed.

It IS becoming more difficult to think of something new.