Where does your dog hide when the fireworks start?

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
I've never owned a dog but the cleverest dog I've ever seen was my best friend's dog where fireworks were concerned.

Rags would get a dose of the runs when it was fireworks time, more or less a small reactionary deposit with every bang, pop and whizz on November 5th and leading up to it.

Rags also loved the Beatles.

By the time she was aged 5 (human years) she had worked out sitting in the bath during the fireworks was the best for her and everyone else.

Every November 5th (and at the millennium) she sat in the bath and my friend's family played Beatles albums via a portable tape recorder.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Gasoline here is heading towards seven bucks a gallon, yet the folks were able to afford to drink and shoot off fireworks until the last bit of patriotism was finally extinguished. Last one's I heard were going off at 3:59 am. Oh, that I had a cow horn that could be heard for a hundred miles, I would have broadcast its glory at the crack of dawn.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My neighbors (in the quality ag lands down below us) set up two sites and shot off some absolutely wonderful fireworks. Which we were able to watch from the balcony without getting into the car or using a drop of this $ 4.84 a gallon premium I had put in the S-2000.

What a high quality, and extended show. I believe they bought nice, extra fireworks in 2021 and just kept it cool and dry - I think a lot of people were having a hard time finding the high end stuff.

Domino stayed inside, chilled and enjoyed some cookies.

Flip G

Tele-Holic
Just saw this on Reddit: Fourth of July volunteers comforting pets at a shelter.

6ffMWfEjaOhez-D8TyRsc7q2t_WSFl1wZyODnVv1VBk.jpg

"Emotional support humans. The circle has been closed."

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Neither of our animals hid at all.

The cat was running around like she was on catnip like she usually does. :)

20220308_233202240_iOS.jpg

The dog would bark every time she heard a noise, as if she was telling them to stop it :)

20220102_211643959_iOS.jpg